Used 2005 Nissan Quest Minivan Consumer Reviews - 130 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Better than CR reviews
By dabbler

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Consumer Reports gave this car a low reliability rating but from my experience it has been great, with a couple of exceptions. Like others I noticed that the tires wear out at 30,000 miles and the brakes wear out at 20,000. And I thought my wife used the gas and brake at the same time. My favorite attraction: Safety: it had curtain air bags standard while others gouged the consumer to get them. I hear complaints about the readouts being in the center. They should get some reviewers that are not old fashioned and fixed in their ways. It only took a little while. My first attraction: it didn't have a ho-hum interior, but has a little excitement to it, even with just the standard package.

Great standard air bag package (at that time period). Nice refreshing interior design, not the usual vanny fanny interior look.

Better tires, better brakes. How can you screw up engineering the brakes. Brakes have only been around a 100 years. Some of the road noise could be reduced: the low hummmm.

This van is a piece of junk
By kn

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This van looks nice and that's about it. Our problems began at 4,000 miles and now we're at 45,000 and the problems have not ended. The van is in the shop every 4-6 mos. Exhaust bracket broken several times, 3 sets of brakes, 2 sets of rotors, header pipe, parking brake assembly replaced x 2 and tightened x 4, catalytic converter replaced, battery x 2. Nissan has had terrible customer service, even at corporate office. Customer service is not their #1 if you have a problem, only when you're there for routine maintenance.

Looks.

Made suggestion to Nissan to make brakes and rotors to withstand vehicle weight. They said I need to brake less. Extend mileage warranties on parts. 12,000 miles on every part they have, that is unacceptable.

Love our van
By J

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When I caved to the need of a mini-van (hated the SUVs), I immediately liked the Quest new style. My husband was more satisfied with the design and didn't feel like he was driving his "wife's" car. Like the oversized chairs and roominess for driver, I personally love the center console and would not have changed it!! Downside has been the tires - headache to replace with weird size and they don't wear well, and the brakes have been ridiculous!!! Overall a good purchase for our family which includes a big teenage boy and preteen girl.

Center console, backing up sensor, tire sensor gauge ... size that seems to fit a man driving - overall exterior style that is not so stuffy.

Move dvd "stuff" to rear for kids to handle themselves. Take out a few squeaks, improve paint quality and do MAJOR changes in the brake system.

Been driving for 3 years and...
By MommaOf3

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this van brand new and loved the styling of it. For the most part, this is a great van. I love the skylights in the back, dual screens, heated side mirrors and leather seats, etc. That being said, another reviewer was right. Nissan should have equipped it with better tires. Mine have already been replaced and I don't really drive that much. Also, the driver's side power sliding door motor burned out after only 3 years of use. Since the warranty expired in Feb 08 and this happened in May, Nissan refuses to assist with the cost (which I think is poor cust service since it's a major repair and so new out of warranty. Not sure I'll go with Nissan again due to cust service.

Power side doors and liftgate, skylights, this ain't your grandmother's van.

I've heard this was changed in later models, but in the daylight it's difficult to see if the warning lights (in the center display) are lit. Radio controls on steering wheel are not lit, either, so until you know what does what, you can't see what you're doing.

Absolutely hated it!
By Twinmom143

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 2001 Quest for years and drove it to over 130,000 mi before trading it in for this. Biggest mistake I ever made! I loved the old Quest. The newer one is spacious, but the blind spots when driving it were terrible. It didn't matter where I moved to, I just couldn't see well at all. Almost immediate muffler noises and front end noise. The front brakes go often in these vehicles because they are SO heavy and the brakes can't handle the size of the vehicle. Terrible gas mileage. Nice options, but not worth it. I didn't keep it 6 months! I started looking for something else 2 weeks after getting home with this one!

TV/DVD, power liftgate (when it worked), power slider, roomy interior.

Fix blindspots! Backup camera instead of sensors, remove the tire pressure gauge because it goes off everytime its cold, move odometer back to where it should be. Go back to not so wide or long body style. Loved the old style, put brakes on it that can handle the size, or reduce size.