Used 2004 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews - 523 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Quest

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

04 Quest SE Pleasure to Drive
By Robert Simon

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this vehicle used with only 25k miles. We have had no major problems mechanically other than a hairline crack in catalytic converter weld unknown cause. Caused Nissan a headache but got us new sensors, fuel injectors, new computer and assorted other fuel savings goodies. We love the entertainment features, navigation system (other than expensive to update it) but other than the Low Tire Pressure Sensor going off when the temp changes more than 10 degrees but its not a big deal once you turn the alarm off and you don't have a real flat. We have driven it from east coast to texas to nevada and back to texas and it drove great and smooth. Nice body style and roomy inside.

Entertainment system, navigation system, passenger capacity (drove 7 people with bags to cruise dock, and everything fit, didn't need to leave the kids at home...grin). Rides very well.

fix tire pressure sensor alarm with temp changes. I must max tire pressure to accommodate cold weather here in texas. Its too heavy for getting really good gas milage. I average 22.7 highway and 17.1 local under 10 miles.

Great/Wonderful Vehicle!!!
By Love this vehicle!!!

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We had an 04 Quest. Loved it. Thought since we loved it so much we would just upgrade what kind of change could they make that would make me not like it since I love this one. Hate the 07 by the way. The 04 was much more spacious, more storage, better quality of things, way better gas mileage. This was the best vehicle I have ever bought. I wish I had never traded it in. If looking to get one, do they are great. We never had any issues with ours. It was perfect we were just looking to upgrade and shouldn't have!! THE 2004 Nissan Quest is a wonderful vehicle!!!

Everything we never had an issue about it. The middle console between driver and passanger was small enough to fit through if needed to attend to the kidos, the seating was great, gas mileage was great, the gauges in the middle were the best thing ever wish they all were like that still. JUST GREAT!

No improvements we loved that vehicle so much we wish we wouldn't have gotten rid of it now

Worst car ever
By soccermom

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Everything about the 04 Nissan quest has been a disaster. The brakes go bad quickly, the windshield wiper just stopped working one day, the interior features (ceiling lights) just fall off when the doors are closed, the seats are coming apart, esp the back seats with the skirts, the tailgate door handle fell off, the compression stick in the tailgate door fell off, the radio never gets good reception... and on and on. I don't have enough characters remaining to list all the problems!!

everything!

"Lemon" I Need Help! Not happy!
By 2004 NISSIAN QUEST

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

From the very beginning of my purchase, I have encountered problems. Electrical disaster. Problems on the dashboard. Had to get tires, brake job. Took to Nissan to replace alternator. Have a whole lot of squeaking in sliding doors and other places. Had some problems with acceleration hesitation. Interior lights & air vents falling out of ceiling. Vibration and ratting problems. Engine smoking and burning oil need a ring job. The warranty will not cover it because of requirement to have all oil changes information on it. We did not get all of our oil changes from them so we need proof of getting them from other establishment so that we can get our motor fix. It has been a nightmare.

Big and lots of room. Love the space. We have two boys over 6"2. Rides good. Looks great.

Too many problems that should not have happen. Honor your warranty.

A lemon for sure
By ckmontgomery1

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I handled all the small problems like rattling doors, doors that had their own mind and spontaneously opened, moonroof that leaked, doors that squished my children but at 100000 miles my entire computer system/ electric system was corroded and left the van inoperable. Nissan Corp has not helped AT ALL. The part was ordered by a dealer and it is now on 2 months of being 'unavailable' with no excuse or reason why. We have made every effort to speak with Nissan to get answers to no avail- nothing past the 'call center' who claims they resolved our problem-' part will be in in 3 more weeks' Only that was said 1x already. I just cannot wait to get the car fixed + gone!

navigation, size

Customer service at Nissan Corp- someone who actually responds well with people. Too many to list!!!