Used 2004 Nissan Quest Minivan Consumer Reviews - 523 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Very Good Van
By Serge

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I]ve bought Quest 2004 after two another NISSANs. I was impressed of it's exterior design. After driving it for more than 4 years I can say: It is great van. Its fixtures really gives me more than BMW or Mercedes, especially turn side lights, tire pressure sensors, and great powerful engine, one of the best engines at all to that time. Excellent interior space, wide side doors and more - this is an additional fixtures which keeps me a lover of this car. I'd have the only real problem due the first year - fuel pump. Later you can find front breaks problem every 7- 10K miles - vibration which cause of the very heavy car for this disks, but NISSAN resurfaced it under factory warranty.

Exterior. Engine.

Front brakes, ventilation (hot air comes in even you put it to cool when engine is hot), turning radius too big.

'04 Nissan Quest - Better than Ever
By Quint

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best Quest we've owned, The other two were great, we had a 1999, and a 2002; my wife who is disabled loved the ease of entry and drivability of the others, she had only driven four door Ford sedans prior to those two vans. She absolutely loves this one to the extent she does not want a new one as she used to do every 2 or 3 yrs. Oh I should probably mention that she started driving at the age of 48 14yrs ago.

All power doors; Power seats heated front seats,that are fully adjustable. The scenic roof sections for the back two rows. Last the deep well that holds her light weight wheel chair.

Power folding 3rd rear seats. Yes there should be two (a one third, two thirds split) And go back to the center cowl instrument panel.

200,000 Miles and NO PROBLEMS!!
By love the van

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just rolled over 200,000 miles on my Quest and no problems. Squeaks a little. Sunroof leaks in a hard Florida rain. But this van has never had anything but 1 battery, several tires, and one brake job. I am so pleased that it has been so reliable! This van is powerful and fast! Every other car I have owned had problems by 75,000 miles. This thing still runs as smooth as the day I bought it. A/C control design takes forever to adjust. Center console did not last long, the powder finish disintegrated and it just looks horrible but is very expensive to replace. Huge and comfy interior. I have had none of the mechanical or interior problems mentioned?? I have 3 kids and use the van A LOT!!

The 200,000 miles with no repairs!! Very fast and powerful engine. I surprise road hogs when I pass them in a minivan and they are gunning it. They don't stand a chance!!

A/C controls are absolutely horrible. take forever to adjust and are not user friendly. i understand them but persons who borrow my car cant figure them out. the powder coated center console needs to go. it does not last.

My first Disappointment in Nissan
By Killian Tools

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've worked and owned several Nissans. This is by far the worst one I've had. At 67000 I had to have the Alternator replaced ($672.00) Now at 87000 the timing chain is rattling / pecking. Cost of repair $1104.63 I've put over 200,000 miles on my altima.

Styling

Interior Trim.

Good so far, hope to stay that way.
By Cappy

2004 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This van is in great shape! Driving on the highway you don't even realize you are going 80 mph sometimes. My wife agrees that it is a smooth ride. Have 3 kids one on the way and needed the room from the 07 toyota car that we had. So far the kids love the DVD, the skyview roofs above them and the fact that we can get the infant car seat in and get the kids on easily is awesome. I'd rather spend the money on a Sports car as it is a buyers market, but as a mini-van dad, this has been a purchase I don't mind running to the ground.

Dual power sliding doors, turning radius, controls on the steering wheel and the leather options (eg. heated and memory). The drive is smooth.

Nissan should offer more warranty for such a promising mini-van.