Used 2004 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews - 523 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Quest

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

love my minivan!
By Ann

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my minivan! Even though my kids are older now and have their own cars, I still cannot think of getting a different/new car! Everyone who rides in my van, thinks we are in spaceship :) The interior room is incredible. The back seating has unbelievable space. My 6'2" son has no problem with his leg space in the back. The heated seats are great in the winter! I have only replaced standard things (brakes, struts,tires, etc) and have over 80,000 miles. Cannot even think of trading this van yet! Great for taking my kids to college too! The power of this car is great on acceleration.

roomy space. power when needed to get on the highway. Flip 3rd seat - great to watch sport events without getting wet! Auto slide doors. moon roofs in the back- don't feel closed in!

powder coated console; Windows on the second row seating would be perfect!

Love my Quest!
By Val

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my quest online on Ebay and just hoped for the best! I was very, very surprised that the vehicle, considering it was used, ran extremely smooth and quiet. I replaced the tires and did some minor repairs all at a cost of under $1,000.00 and feel that the van will last a very long time. It is not great on gas, but for its' size and weight I can't expect more! I am very surprised at it's comfort and ease of operation. Yes, the controls for the A/C unit are difficult, but taken the time to figure it all out makes it all worthwhile, I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who has a family or who has to haul stuff around. It's a great van!

I particularly enjoy the seating arrangements. The seats are broad and long giving you plenty of room to be very comfortable regardless of your size. The door openings are large and rear legroom is not at all cramped. I am 6'3" and weigh 300 pounds and I can tell you that I am extremely comfortable.

There is very little I would change about the Quest, except maybe give the engine a bit more power. Seems a bit under-powered going up hill, not to say it doesn't make it, just saying it might be nice not to have to bury the gas pedal each time! Leave the body style alone. It looks better than all.

04 Quest from Hell
By sugaz23

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Where to start. Had the van a month, the 6 disc cd player died, i've replaced it 4 times since. Replaced brakes and rotors every year. Power sliding doors have their own mind, they'll open when they want. Sun roof leaks. Had to replace cam shaft position censor only to find out it need a new computer! Everyone said how reliable Nissan's are, well the motor might never die, but everything else around it will! I will never own another Nissan and i'm telling everyone i know not to get one either!

NONE! Nothing works half the time!!!

Brakes, Rotors, Computer, Censors, Doors, and all the Electronics inside!

Disappointing Reliability
By Unhappy ex-owner

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very disappointing reliability, just over 60,000/5 yer drive train warranty, required new front wheel bearings, the one month later a new timing chain was needed. Timing chain is supposed to last life of engine. Is a $2,500 service job. Nissan would not cover, decided to trade in. Be very wary if purchasing a used 2004 Quest van if the timing chains have not been replaced yet. Nissan is aware of problem, issues a tech bulletin 1 year ago, but no recall. If buying a newer year, make sure you bring it in for service if engine ever makes a whining sound before warranty is up. I had planned on keeping it more than 5 years and 60,700 miles but could not see spending an additional $2,500 now.

Great performance and ride for a van. Very comfortable for traveling long distances. Nice style inside and out, sky-view roof was very nice feature. Kids all loved it.

Replace timing chains with something that is less costly to maintain or build better quality with components that support the chains. They need better quality control for the long term owner. Its fine if you trade in every 2 or 3 years under warranty.

Happy with the van
By dlb333

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have been happy overall with this van. I love the interior design, especially the center console. The car continues to drive well and has been very reliable. Handling is good. It is comfortable to drive on the highway. One drawback, backing up and parking are both difficult. Material- wise, I like it but have a few complaints. First of all, the water temp and gas gauges are poorly lit and have poor graphics. Second, I am not happy with the coating on the center console which has worn off in places and in others has become dirty and can't be cleaned. We have had a couple of minor electrical problems with console lights going out, but not a big deal. Overall it was a good deal.

Interior/Exterior design. Gas mileage, handling, reliability.

Better gas gauge, better console material, deal with the console electrical problems.