Used 2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL Consumer Reviews - 176 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Quest

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

A dude in a minivan
By the Mr.

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I did not want a minivan despite my wife's request until I found the Quest! Suspension is tight with a powerful engine and has great external design. I enjoy driving it and don't mind being seen in it. No mechanical probs in past 3 yrs. It gets 20 mpg regularly despite its weight and power. On our 4 hour drive up north for vacation my wife and I were talking about what a good decision we made to buy this vehicle 3 yrs ago.

Engine, suspension, sound system, interior space, external appearance, 2nd row collapsible seats, easy fold into floor 3rd row bench, digital controls for everything.

40/60 split for bench. Collapsible head rests for bench rather than ones that must be removed. Operational windows for sliding doors.

Will keep it FOREVER
By Quest Queen

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

A family must have! A large family is all in and out in no time. Open all the doors and roll the windows down from your house with remote and let it cool out. Very spacious, easy to flip seats all down. It is truly a luxury van. Has such great pickup and horsepower. I have peace of mind knowing that my family is safe with so many safety features. The spare tire is very convenient to get to and the full size tire can be put back in easily. Feel like a queen driving it.

The best feature is the backup sensors and backup camera with the Navigation system. Dual DVD players, all doors and trunk powered, sky view is beautiful also, curtain and side impact airbags for all three rows.

Better gas mileage (CVT maybe?).

A huge disappointment!
By ladylawyer1968

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This van has had more problems than any vehicle we have ever owned. All the recalls, rear door motor had to be replaced, rattles in doors "fixed" numerous times, automatic sliding door reverses for no reason, both sliding doors have rubbed over rear wheel well causing paint to be scratched, fixed once, but doing it again, getting it fixed has been a nightmare. Most recently, automatic driver's seat was leaned back to reach something and now will not move forward, switch is dead, creating a major safety issue. Nissan's answer? Drive the 80+ miles to the dealership with the seat back in an unsafe position. Horrible gas mileage. Nissan U.S. no help. Shame on you Nissan.

Very roomy for passengers and luggage.

Work on quality and customer service. Calling Nissan gets you nowhere. I am so very disappointed that Nissan refuses to acknowledge this is a bad vehicle.

I Love This Van
By Rick

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I remember first seeing this van at the Cleveland Auto Show as a concept vehicle. My wife and I loved its looks and could not wait for it to come out. In the summer of 2003 when my previous Quest lease was up, I shopped around and bought this van. OK, to be honest, being a first year model, there were some quirky recalls and as well as some rattles. We had to go back to the dealer several times to get things fixed, but because of all the trouble, Nissan extended the warranty to a full 5 years. How many companies would do that! Anyway, I love the power, the comfort, the size, the ride and I do love the pod and the location of the instrument panel. This has been a great van!

Lower to the ground making it easy to enter and exit. Love the pod and the instrument panel location. Since the seats fold flat, our bikes will fit inside the van. Very roomy and easy to move around inside. Seats are the most comfortable I have ever sat in. I was shocked at how much power it has.

It would be nice to be able to leave the headrests in the rear seat when it folds flat into the floor. Needs control to complete shut front heat heat/cool vents if desired. Bottom of pod gets hot by drivers feet may need better insulation.

Will Never buy another Nissan
By JAM

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The van drives nice and is a comfortable ride. Have had a lot of problems. Engine power problems, door leaks, gas gauge not working, etc. Every time we take it to the dealership for repairs, they cannot find the problem. I am told that they will not fix the problem unless they can duplicate it. Bad service policy. They also never can find any error codes on the computer. On my American cars, the mechanics can always find error codes telling them the problems. I have no faith in the Nissan technology or service structure. I will never buy another Nissan.