Used 2004 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews - 523 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Quest

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Timing Chains are Bad!
By Bittersweet

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have been proud owners of Nissan's for more than 13yrs. Our '04 Quest has been great over all! I have had problems with the automatic doors not closing and/or sticking. Windows have the same problem. Console is scratched and looks crappy because material does not clean well. Under carriage is to low, going over speed hump I lost plastic bolts holding plastic bottom in place. Now my mechanic is telling me that I need a new timing chain, the dealership will charge $3200 he will fix for $1800. He says it really should be a recall but because of the cost Nissan will not recall! Timing chains are suppose to last longer and be more reliable. Research the web many people having same problem!

Unquestionably the best body and look of any van out there. Very comfortable and kid friendly. Sun/Moon roofs are awesome

Console should be more durable. Captains seats need better cup holders. Glitches with windows and doors are annoying! More durable under carriage not plastic! Recall timing chain, very expensive unnecessary repair

Odometer
By RAJESHKUMAR

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had 100k warranty, my odometer went down at 85,000 mile and seat heater also Nissan did not stand for this, my seat heater and odometer still not work, I will never buy any Nissan car any more, it is not only me but many of Nissan quest owner are complaining about odometer this must be an recall

We call our Quest "the money pit"
By A Sienna Next Time

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The maintenance costs of a Quest are unbelievably high. It is the first car I've owned which needs a brake pad & rotor replacement every year, and new tires every year and a half. (None of previous vehicles have chewed through these like the Quest!) The car rattles, and we had to take our to the dealership for engine noise multiple times before they *finally) believed us based on a new service bulletin that went out. Too bad - it's a stylish minivan, and we had high hopes for it. It's functional for our family, but we just wish it was lower-maintenance.

SkyView windows. DVD system. Power sliding doors. Stylish design, esp. compared to other minivans.

Shaky steering wheel. Chews through brakes and tires. Faulty tire pressure gauge. Non-functioning rear-assist detector.

Great buy
By EJ

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The real test of a choice is if you would do it again. If I could do it all over, I would buy this car again, just at a different dealership. The buying experience was horrible but the car is great! The only thing i don't like about it is that i could not afford the model with dual auto sliding doors.

I like the way the dash is set in the middle of the car, it was crazy at first but it grew on me. and i have extra storage right behind the wheel. the seats are very easy to lay down & with the storage space behind the 3rd row its perfect

make the top model (with all the moon roof and dual sliding doors) cheaper so i can afford it.

Mad as HELL!
By Mr. mom

2004 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have love our Quest for three years now. We got it used. I'm 6'5", my wife is 5'11" and our kids are going to be huge we know that already. lol so the room is what we needed we got it. We ALSO got a van that has had and continues to have transmission issues. The trany was replaced two years after we got it and were told that it was never serviced. Nissan says every 30,000 it needs a flush and fill. so the new rebuilt trany is now giving us a fit and Nissan keeps telling us they "can't reproduce the issue" even after the dealer ship having the van for 26 DAYS.The timing chain is making a ticking noise that's not covered by the warranty because it has 45 parts and 10 are covered by them.

LEG ROOM I'm 6'5" i have a 36" inseam! and even i can sit in the third row.

i work in maintenance for a large company. there is a rule called the k.i.s.s. rule, Keep It Simple Stupid. there are was too many little thing on the van go wrong. perhaps they should use the rule in at the plant they make this van at. i don't know maybe.