Used 1997 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1997 Nissan Quest

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

97 Quest
By Steve

1997 Nissan Quest GXE 3dr Minivan

I bought my Nissan Quest as brand new for my new born daughter, the A/C controller goes out twice, recently A/C just replace with refurbish system, Engine runs good never break down, HP is limited for lane passing. The brake make some noise but works fine to stop the car. No major repair.

reliable engine never need to call AAA for road assistance. Captain Seats arrangement

More HP, more MPG, A/C quality, Brake quality

Good for the long run
By CR

1997 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

The van to this point has been rather inexpensive to maintain. Very comfortable for long driving trips. No so good were the original tires, Generals. The van does not handle that well, I was passed up by Semi's on the Pennsylvania turnpike. Average fuel economy, the EPA sticker is a little optimistic for city mileage. Averages 16 in the city and 23 on highway.

Plus points are good seating, heating, air conditioning, quiet ride, flexible cargo storage, good radio and radio controls. It has been reliable, and the paint finish held up despite not being garage kept.

The heater and air conditioning controls are good if you have narrow fingers or do not wear gloves. It has a tendency to go through lower ball joints. I had to replace one at 35,000 miles and the other one at 45,000 miles needs replacing again.

Great for our family
By kgjmkan

1997 Nissan Quest GXE 3dr Minivan

After 6 years, we just sold our GXE. It was a fantastic van. The two tone color was beautiful, loved the style and was extremely reliable. Van was loaded: auto lights, premium stereo, auto sunroof, AC, cruise con, alloys etc. East to drive and comfortable. Best family vehicle we've had. Easy to drive. Not a bulky feeling van.

Couldn't ask for a better vehicle
By 1997 nissan quest va

1997 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

The day I saw my Nissan I was so excited! I know it sounds like I was bringing home my baby for the first time, and it was! It rides great, it feels so open, and comfortable! Believe it or not but we still have our Nissan, and it still runs good (it's 10 years old) and it still looks good! I am selling it, only to buy another Quest! When talking about selling our van my 8 year old starts to cry because this is the only vehicle he has had to ride in and he loves it. he gets one seat and his sister gets the other. Everyone in our family has their place in this van! We love it!! It was truly a blessing from God when we got this van!

The room is one of my favorite features. It rides good! We have had it for 10 years and have had almost no problems with it except normal up keep. We did buy our own center console.

I really can't say a whole lot against it because ours is 10 years old with 162000 miles and it still runs pretty good. I would like better gas mileage, and the a/c to blow a little colder, but that's asking a lot from a 10 year old van.

1997 Nissan Quest
By css

1997 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

Bought it new in 97 and still have it. Excessive engine noise. Bad electrical problems (once for rear AC, twice for EGR valves), poor brakes, frequent tire wearout, transmission is sticking (I hope that does not break down before I sell). I have had fair share of problems for 114k miles. I would not buy another Nissan again.

Roomy. Excellent for 7-8 passengers.

Reliability and reduce wind noise. I wont buy another Nissan though.