Used 2013 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

CVT Software Glitch Results In Drivetrains Replacement. .
By richard194

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

When I bought the 2013 Pathfinders, like any new owner I was thrilled. . Unfortunately there were a few things that I id not understand. So when my pathfinder began shuttering and shaking at 900 miles, I contacted customer service who referred me to the local dealership, who with all of there up-to-date computer diagnostic could not fit the problem. Fortunately, Nissan already understood the problem before I bought the car. "Faulty Software & the Service Campaign" Whereby the owner brings in the vehicle multiple times exhibiting the same problem, and nissan replaces the entire drivetrain. Thats right. . Faulty software that can not be changed, that ends up damaging the CVT on its own. .

No repair parts available
By jcove

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

2013 Pathfinder was rear ended with damage to the driver side rear quarter panel. Pathfinder has been at the Nissan body shop for six weeks waiting on the quarter panel. The insurance company has ok'ed ( without my knowledge) the shop to repair the damaged sheet metal rather than continuing to wait on the rear quarter panel. When contacted Nissan consumer affairs on assistance with rental car reinbursment and or possible making a payment due to the lack of repair parts. I was told the part was on national backorder. no assistance on the rental nor the payment.

Nissan customer service has slipped from what it used to be as I have owned 8 other Nissans. This will be my last one
!!!!!

Prior to producing a new product , have a working repair parts network available to be able to support the product.

Starts with "L" ends with "emon"
By mpom

2013 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My 2013 Nissan pathfinder has had transmission problems for months and I have repeatedly given Nissan the opportunity to fix it and have had the transmission replaced once.
Yesterday it stalled in the middle of an intersection with traffic coming in both directions and my two children in the car.
I will not drive this car again.
I paid $43,000 for a car I am afraid to drive or put my children in.
Nissan needs to correct these problems and stop putting people at risk.

Happier with replacement transmission
By aposak

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

At least until the transmission issues with stuttering and surging are sorted out, avoid this one. The storage spaces are poorly thought out, can't get the glove compartment open if there's a passenger with legs in the front. The center console screen is confusing and low quality. No Bluetooth music connectivity unless you spring for navigation, and the Bluetooth phone is really noisy. The leather is soft, but the headrests force my head forward and cause me to slouch in the seat... not comfortable for long drives.
Update: Still the same complaints with poor interior layout and outdated electronics, but Nissan replaced the transmission under warranty. That has really increased my satisfaction with this car. They truly got the transmission right the second time around. I added an aftermarket Bluetooth adapter in the center console for audio streaming. The sun visors break fairly regularly... driver's side has been replaced twice and passenger's side once in 50k miles. The ability of the middle seats to slide forward with a carseat attached is something that I initially overlooked, but has come in tremendously handy. It's one of the nicest innovative features of this car.

Dissponted Owner
By ckone2030

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought this car in June 2013 because i liked the style and had owned Nissan in the past. First week already had some transmission rattling issue, in which Nissan still does not have a solution. In 6 months already have 2 recalls. And most recently the front bumper cracked for no reason. The expert in the bodyshop said that material is very flimpsy and would crack easily.
Terrible experience with this Pathfinder and this maybe the last Nissan I will ever buy.

Styling

Better overall quality and use better and more durable materials