Used 2013 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews - 84 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Do Not Purchase this SUV!
By john

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Owned this vehicle for two months having the transmission replaced for the second time. The vehicle will randomly lose power under acceleration. Pull off the road put the vehicle in park and hope it starts working and your not hit in the mean time. This is issue appears to be extremely prevalent in the vehicle. Nissan and the dealerships have done an excellent job keeping this information out of the review and ratings for this vehicle. I relied on Edmunds review of the vehicle in error as they do not mention this pervasive, expensive and dangerous condition in one of the vehicles major systems the transmission. After the vehicles warranty runs out at 60k you can expect a $4900.00 bill for repair. They keep the transmission in stock and are happy to see you for this expensive repair. Nissan offers no explanation or repair for this issue so your new transmission will be the same unreliable design. Do not believe anything the dealer says out this issue as Nissan has not been able to correct this issue but continues to sell the vehicle. Even if your under warranty the fact this lose of power may happen to you in a critical driving situation should dissuade you from a purchase, not to mention the lose of use during repair. Steer clear of this vehicle. I hope this review helps others avoid my mistake.

Pathfinder 2013
By ALFREDO RAUSEO

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Excellent car

Disappointing
By Sir Drivesalot

2013 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Rather fun to drive. HOWEVER-- I just learned today that the roof rack is not adjustable, which should be sort of a no-brainer for any suv. This is because the rails are not parallel, unlike my GMC Yukon which has an easily-adjustable roof rack. In addition, the vehicle has quite a bit of road noise including the "whistling windshield" which had to be replaced soon after purchase. Gas mileage is not impressive, and the CVT is a distraction. Our biggest concern has been the defective passenger-side airbag which has been recalled. When we asked the dealer last year (before recall) why it remained off when the seat is occupied the technician said that my wife "might not be sitting on it properly". Would not recommend.

Plop plop fix fix
By JO

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

In the short time I have owned this vehicle , I have had to bring it in twice for a faulty passenger seat airbag. Once for the CVT computer . I have had to replace the rear liftgate shocks, a motor mount, and now two visors restricting visibility . Not to mention when the vehicle reaches speeds of approx. 70 mph the hood shakes and the latest driverside airbag recall. I am not impressed by the overall workmanship and Quality of the 2013 pathfinder .

Safety issues
By Joy2013

2013 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Currently having problems with my 2013 pathfinder. The car was decelerating on its own and experienced loss of speed. It dropped from like 50-60 mph to below 20 mph, then went back up then slowed down again. I had my the gas down to the floor and it would not go beyond 20 mph. Then suddenly it would go fast again. I called my dealership while I was driving, they advised me to bring. I said I am almost home and then I would have my husband take it. However, it did it again while I was an intersection scaring me to death. I parked at a gas station , my husband came and decided to drive it to the dealership which was about 10 miles away. He checked it in the parking lot and it was running fine he said. Well, same thing happened to him after about a couple of miles but he made it to the dealership safely going really slow. It took the dealership 5 days before checking it and 2 days ago told us they could not duplicate the problem, or find a code. I complained to the manager about it and he says he checked it as well but no problem. I called Nissan corporate and they just got back to me today and they would not fix it. They denied that this car had any complaints like mine. They told me since it could not be duplicated there is nothing to fix. Well, I just checked online and a lot of people have the same complains. In fact, there is a class action lawsuit about 2013-2014 pathfinder transmissions. I am going to tell everybody I know about this problem! DO NOT BUY NISSAN!
I forgot to mention that airbag recall, mine has been reprogrammed the 3rd time because of problems!