Used 2009 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

take it from someone who really knows'
By johnDamps

2009 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

i have drive a pickup truck sence 1979,,i have had suv as company vehicles,grand cheerokees,tahoe,suburbans,navagators, but alway had my trucks as well. nevered warned up to mid size suv.[ buy the way i would take a suburban over a navagator if it was my money,in 1997 a loader navagator was 44,900 and a suburban lt loade was 39,900 wow have times changed] anyway i have retired young 53 years old due to strokes and other major health,,so i decided to trade my last f150 ext,cab 4x4 for a 09 pathfinder,,i drove an 2011 and didnt like the handling,when i drove the 09 it was awsome tons of power smooth sure tranny,and awsome 4wd system,[ and i had the best 05 grand cheerokee overland with quadratraction 2]this pathfinder gets 16.4 in city during winter and 20,8-22mpg on the ny state thruway,for 190 mile round trip,all the seats lay flat,have pullovers,lots of storage great people hauler,,but i have it all flat and my suzy Q [ chocolet lab] gets all the room for herself,3 way climate control,pw,pl,power pedels all wheel mnt,contr,ect,i have a problem with people that complain about the mpg,they must have owned small cars,not a fair compairesment,the grand cheeroke overland with a hemi was lucky to get 15 on the hwy, and 9-12 in city,the 4th gen,pathfinder is an awsome frame on body suv/truck,,

One of the best SUV'S in the market
By fxromawac

2009 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had my path for a year and living here in Winnipeg Canada, I had noticed the exceptional power especially when driving in snow covered roads. The only problem is the third row seat (only good for kids) but overall, regardless of the poor gas mileage if your looking for a car that can race with a v8 yukon, a lighter v6 pathfinder can beat it!!!! (I'm telling you guys! I've tried it with a friend when we raced down I-29 North Dakota)

Third row seat legroom

Good Overal Package
By Rob S

2009 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this car for 2 problem free years. It has been very reliable, comfortable, and worry free. It is big and heavy but that doesn't hurt the handling that much (I have upside wheels that help as well) but it does impact fuel economy. I routinely get around 16 mpg around town. I am happy with the purchase and would probably do it again.

Love the music box and CF card reader on the LE model with Navigation.

Better fuel economy. Not so much slush in the transmission.

Great Choice
By Danny in Houston

2009 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I used this site to do research on my next purchase and it had a lot of great info. I feel I made a great choice in the Pathfinder, and I got a great deal on the one I purchased. Even this base model comes with so much. I changed the radio out and put fog lights on myself but other than that , it doesn't need anything else unless you want to Pimp your ride. I'm not going off road but I still have enough room and power to go over something if i need to and not get stuck. Gas mileage for me is good, because i don't drive all over town and hardly any hwy at all. i needed a larger vehicle to haul around active kids (3) but still feel cool driving

keyless entry is nice, lots of space and flexibility, comfortable ride, love all the features that come with it

all radios need to at least play mp3 disc or have a ipod/mp3 aux connection built in.

So far so good
By ncintoronto

2009 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Thrilled with my purchase. Not concerned about the lack of space for passengers as all my passengers are under the age of 7. Lots of fun for the kids. And super comfy for us in the front. Had a wonderful drive from North to South.

Heated steering wheel, heated seats, steering wheel access to most things, bluetooth, rims, wheels... everything????

none so far