Used 2008 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

I love my new truck!
By ASiler

2008 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven this SUV for 1400 miles and wanted to let your readers know what a great vehicle this is. The ride is very smooth and very quiet but powerful. We wanted a vehicle that was safe for Michigan winters so we chose a 4x4. We wanted to be able to move out on the freeway and this has a lot of power off the block as well as when you need to pass. We need a quiet interior as we do a lot of business in the car and it is super quiet. The majority of the driving I have done is in town and I am pleased to be getting 18.1 miles per gallon. My husband just loves the look of it. It's beefy but still easy for me to get in and out of.

Small turning radius for such a large truck. Easy to use cup holders. Change compartment in the front. Easy to use radio. Two trip meters. Seats fold down individually and very easily. Two glove compartments is handy.

The seat belt hits me at the wrong place. Nice if it could be movable. A little more leg room in the second row seat would be an advantage. It's even tight for my briefcase.

Love it!
By GC

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned it about 6 months and put 16,000 miles on it. It has been an excellent ride and problem free. I got the loaded version and it has been totally worth it. The voice recognition works really well and the navigation system is excellent. I didn't realize that I would like the keyless feature as much as I have. I've gotten so lazy that it now irritates me to have to get my key out when I drive my other car. It has a lot of nice touches both inside and out and I have absolutely no buyer remorse!

Navigation system, rear view camera, keyless feature, heated seats, music memory (flash drive, hard drive and MP3 capabilities), on-board computer is sensational and overall interior design.

I read places that it would drive rough at 40 mph, especially after it got worn in. There is some truth to it but it's not been as bad as I read. I love the look and feel of the leather but it's not as durable as other leather interiors I've had.

written by Alex on 10 /08
By Mountain Man

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Had an 05 Off Road, Never had a problem,after 56K and several trips to ski in Colorado, traded it in for a 08 LE V8 very happy, great acceleration, good handling, love the audio system it's fully loaded back-up camera, fuel etc. so far is better then on my V6 was. In city driving average 15m/g. Very happy with it.

The whole vehicle

LE models would need H.I.D lights, hill descent and start assist controls,

Pathfinder LE V8
By BST

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Great car with the current discounts offered. Good size, great performance, great optional features. Only complaint is the gas mileage with the giant V8, but I knew what I was getting into. Fortunately I don't drive much. I would certainly buy again.

Navigation systems, keyless entry and starting and music hard drive

I love the roll down rear window that Toyota offers with the 4runner

Taking some getting used to
By KNEECY1

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE-V8 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Had a 04 Maxima that was fully loaded for 1yr 9 mos, major problems with it so traded for 08 Pathfinder. Loved the Maxima but Pathfinder is getting there. Went on vacation to IL from MS a day after I purchased. Drove great, gas mileage was awesome, and looks great. My son complained bc he had to ride in the 2nd row and he is 6'2', very noisy when you rolled the back windows down, and there was some hard switch over after you lifted your foot off the accelerator. The pricing was sufficient for the package

6 disc Bose CD player, dual AC controls, reverse camera (got to get used to it), satellite radio, HomeLink security, plenty of storage space, double glove box, window venting from keypad (lets the vehicle cool off before entering).

Bluetooth capability should have been included (it's an 08), drive seat should be presettable, steering wheel should move up & back, the 2rd row has barely any leg room & 3rd row even less, and should of included DVD in all models