Used 2008 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Mother and Dog owner POV
By Happy Nissan Owner

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Pros: Rugged interior makes for a easier clean when you have dogs in the back. The whole back cargo area of my SE has a rubber/plastic type floor and walls that make dog hair in the vehical a lot more manageable. Doors open really wide and the doorway is nice and wide/tall (great for loading and unloading kids from car seats! Two sets of rear vents that help keep your kids/dogs at the same temperature as you (I hated in my Jeep GC SUV that I would be boiling in the front with the heat and my daughter would be freezing in the second row with no vents). 3 rows of seats are real handy if you ever are in a bind and need to move some extra kids. Backup camera is great with kids/dog

Rugged interior. Rear heat/air vents. Nice wide and tall doors. Backup camera on the SE model. Better gas mileage then my Jeep Grand Cherokee. Better ride then my Jeep (if you are complaining about the truck like ride on this SUV then do not buy a SUV. Buy a car! Quiet, can barely hear the engine.

Why the heck does the SE model not come standard with automatic lights?! Needs heated mirrors. Move the stinking dash radio on/off/volume control. My husband hits it every time he tries to turn off the engine resulting in the radio blasting Need more room for 3rd row. Only good for small kids

2nd Time Around
By patricio

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 6th Nissan/Datsun and my 2nd Pathfinder, In just a few short months I have managed to put on approx. 3000 miles and have driven in some of the worst winter driving conditions I can remember. I had the opportunity to drive from Northern Alberta through the Rockies to Vancouver shortly after I took delivery of my new Pathfinder. The V8 power, all wheel drive and luxury appointments made for a great trip and despite the blinding snowstorm and icy conditions it was a very reassuring knowing I was driving a Pathfinder. No problems and the handling was excellent along the way. I can hardly wait until summer. By the way gas mileage was above my expectations as was price vs value.

Heated steering wheel, seats, shifttronic, all-wheel drive, sound system, display and all around luxury appointments. Power and handling were exceptional as was the traction control system. I'd rather have a vehicle I can take offroad than a SUV not capable of handling the rough roads of the Rockies

Impressive!
By dep22

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Other than gas mileage which we expected with the V8, we LOVE our Pathfinder! The outside is quite attractive and it rides like a dream. If I could change anything it would be to make the inside a bit more luxurious, it is very practical.

Navigation system is great!

Third row is pointless unless you are 2 feet tall =(

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE-V8
By Grant Garvey

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I was in the market for an SUV with a V8. I didn't want or need a monster in size, but wanted an ability to pull over 6000 lbs and still be able to park in a parking lot. The fact that the Pathfinder is a 317 horse is amazing. I drove the joke of a 4 runner and the Sequoia. Before you follow the Pied Piper off the edge of the cliff and settle for an over priced under powered toyota, check out the Pathfinder!

V8 with 317 horsepower. Navigation package with the nav traffic. Blue tooth.

The perfect mix
By Cesar

2008 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the 2008 Pathfinder having in mind we travel to Mexico at least once a year and we needed a vehicle reliable on seriously hard roads. This one didn't disappoint. Its off road ability it's outstanding. Plenty of power for anybody and decent fuel economy. On the city, it delivers a quiet and smooth drive. With nearly 16000 miles on it, I haven't had the so much mentioned rough down shift issue other users reported. For me, it's the perfect mix.

Cargo space. Central console is well designed. Great driving experience!

2nd row could use more leg room.