Used 2008 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

2nd Time Around
By patricio

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 6th Nissan/Datsun and my 2nd Pathfinder, In just a few short months I have managed to put on approx. 3000 miles and have driven in some of the worst winter driving conditions I can remember. I had the opportunity to drive from Northern Alberta through the Rockies to Vancouver shortly after I took delivery of my new Pathfinder. The V8 power, all wheel drive and luxury appointments made for a great trip and despite the blinding snowstorm and icy conditions it was a very reassuring knowing I was driving a Pathfinder. No problems and the handling was excellent along the way. I can hardly wait until summer. By the way gas mileage was above my expectations as was price vs value.

Heated steering wheel, seats, shifttronic, all-wheel drive, sound system, display and all around luxury appointments. Power and handling were exceptional as was the traction control system. I'd rather have a vehicle I can take offroad than a SUV not capable of handling the rough roads of the Rockies

Impressive!
By dep22

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Other than gas mileage which we expected with the V8, we LOVE our Pathfinder! The outside is quite attractive and it rides like a dream. If I could change anything it would be to make the inside a bit more luxurious, it is very practical.

Navigation system is great!

Third row is pointless unless you are 2 feet tall =(

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE-V8
By Grant Garvey

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I was in the market for an SUV with a V8. I didn't want or need a monster in size, but wanted an ability to pull over 6000 lbs and still be able to park in a parking lot. The fact that the Pathfinder is a 317 horse is amazing. I drove the joke of a 4 runner and the Sequoia. Before you follow the Pied Piper off the edge of the cliff and settle for an over priced under powered toyota, check out the Pathfinder!

V8 with 317 horsepower. Navigation package with the nav traffic. Blue tooth.

The perfect mix
By Cesar

2008 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the 2008 Pathfinder having in mind we travel to Mexico at least once a year and we needed a vehicle reliable on seriously hard roads. This one didn't disappoint. Its off road ability it's outstanding. Plenty of power for anybody and decent fuel economy. On the city, it delivers a quiet and smooth drive. With nearly 16000 miles on it, I haven't had the so much mentioned rough down shift issue other users reported. For me, it's the perfect mix.

Cargo space. Central console is well designed. Great driving experience!

2nd row could use more leg room.

I love my new truck!
By ASiler

2008 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven this SUV for 1400 miles and wanted to let your readers know what a great vehicle this is. The ride is very smooth and very quiet but powerful. We wanted a vehicle that was safe for Michigan winters so we chose a 4x4. We wanted to be able to move out on the freeway and this has a lot of power off the block as well as when you need to pass. We need a quiet interior as we do a lot of business in the car and it is super quiet. The majority of the driving I have done is in town and I am pleased to be getting 18.1 miles per gallon. My husband just loves the look of it. It's beefy but still easy for me to get in and out of.

Small turning radius for such a large truck. Easy to use cup holders. Change compartment in the front. Easy to use radio. Two trip meters. Seats fold down individually and very easily. Two glove compartments is handy.

The seat belt hits me at the wrong place. Nice if it could be movable. A little more leg room in the second row seat would be an advantage. It's even tight for my briefcase.