Used 2008 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

It works
By Raymond

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased a new 2008 pathfinder one year ago. Towing with the V6 engine is better than expected and is better than the V8 in other SUV I have owned. The ride is quite and comfortable. At 6'4" head room is ok, better than most other SUV's. Sound system is very good. Heated seats could use more setting than high and low. MPG is acceptable considering it will tow 6000 lbs. Looked at a lot of SUV's and Crossovers. For the money the Pathfinder's towing, headroom,interior comfort and overall performance has made it a good deal. A year after buying a Pathfinder I have no regrets.

Large front cabin, nice sound system, towing is excellent, The Pathfinder is NOT a wanna be SUV-it's the real deal.

Xenon high intensity headlights, could not believe it was not even an option on the Pathfinder.

Major Problems and Nissan Not Helping
By amandathibault

2008 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my pathfinder brand new. I put the first miles on this Pathfinder. Within the first few months I noticed that the paint was starting to flake in some areas. Now a year later and fighting with Nissan I have paint missing on 10 panels of the Pathfinder. Also when I went for them to do their so called "paint test" they treated me with disrespect and sexist. I requested to watch while they did this paint test and they pulled paint off my Pathfinder and told me it wasn't enough to qualify for a warranty defect. So I hope Nissan will read this and try to make it right. One other problem I have had is my left turn sign does not turn off once I make the turn.

Nice ride

Paint and customer service

great buy
By joe

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have over 46k miles on my v8 pathfinder and love. I have had a honda pilot and a toyota 4 runner and there is no comparison. My 4 runner had all kinds of transmission problems and it was a dog when driving up the passes in the mountains. My pathfinder has all time 4 wheel drive option and it can switch in and out to get better gas mileage and I love the options. Made well and it's so sturdy. Love it

Great 4 drive system and it is actually made for highway driving. I live in Colorado and my pathfinder flies through the snow, as I pass other SUVs. There really are no comparisons. Drive one, you will see.

none

Great vehicle
By JB

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Great suv for the money! The v8 has great power and will tow anything. I take my patty to the mountains in Colorado to ski and it will pass anything in the snow. The luxury is great and it's a very sturdy car. No rattles. I have but 27k on mine and no problems. I had a toyota 4 runner before this. The seats were small, had no options, horrible stereo and the transmission in the 4 runner would burn up every time I went up the mountain passed. Toyota over rated and an under performer. You can be take everyone and own a toyota but I laugh as a pass a 4runner with 4 people cramped in and dogging it up the pass. I can sleep at night knowing that I got what I paid for.

Bose stereo, back up camera, adjustable foot pedals, you name it, it has it all

Better marketing for Nissan. Comparison studies to a 4 runner. I would volunteer. I've had both and wow the pathfinder is a no brainer

Love it!
By mrredskin

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very pleased with the purchase. Feels almost like a luxury SUV, except for half the cost. Only mechanical issue I've had was a loose heat shield that took an hour to fix at service dept. Some controls could be arranged better, and definitely should have another 2 inches to move the driver's seat back (i'm 6'2). not uncomfortable - just can't stretch my leg out completely. i haven't second guessed myself for buying this, and i doubt i ever will.

backup cam, interior design

more leg room for driver