Used 2008 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Worst car in this size
By ROBER

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

In two years 5 problems, the roof leaking, solenoid, valve, airbags, battery, window and two problem with solutions. Mechanical service, Maroone of Miami is the worst thing in this matter. The final point is new car with to many problems, what's next

Need 91 octane, 15 mpg

MPG After Two Years
By ohlode

2008 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Regarding MPG on my 2008 Pathfinder S 4x4 with automatic transmission. After two years and 28K I consistently get 18.5 mpg mainly around town and usually with a small mix of expressway/freeway driving. I use 87 octane only. A/C or not it gets the same mileage. On trips I've averaged 23 mpg. Hope this is helpful. I chose the Pathfinder over the 4 Runner because of the deal. About four thousand cheaper and the base 2008 4 runner didn't even have the 3d seat as standard. Towing capacity was 1K more than the V6 4 runner. So glad I picked the Pathfinder.

Everything. The rear seat combinations are awesome. Grandkids sit in the 3d seat and are not right behind you. The power is more than adequate for the size vehicle. I tow a 2000# boat and a 3000# travel trailer regularly with no problems.

The ride in this entry level S 4x4 is a bit soft. Would prefer a slightly stiffer ride. Overall, about the best vehicle purchase I've ever made.

Do Your Research
By Mike

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE-V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Have not had any problems until recently; 4wd and ecu, fuel pump, etc. We think this is due to the beefy 4wd and transfer casing on this model taken from the Titan/armada. Working fine one day and then 12+ error codes on the diagnostic the next. It is probably not Nissan itself, but Rather the ecu unit malfunctioning. Personally, I find this car to be solid, well-built and stylish for the category. It's no escalade or Land Rover, but performs better where it counts. Buy a warranty on any vehicle that has a "new" anything for a model year. We got the gold-preferred, so 99.9% of the car is covered, and we did this because this was the first v8 year. Glad we did.

Engine, Torque, hauling ability, seating capacity, utility, balance of amenities, DVD system for our child.

higher quality building material for interior parts, especially those getting beat up (like the back cargo area), more readily accessible compartments, higher hauling capacity (the rating is lower than what it can certainly handle)

It is a LEMON
By Hate this car!

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Previous 1996 pathfinder owner for 13 yrs.Traded for a 2008 model-it is plastic junk. Started rattling 5 wks after purchase: windows,dash,inside AC vents makes loud noise,hatch closes so hard glass shakes and rear inside panel is dangling/rattling due to rear door, rear camera won't work when it rains, steering column is going to fall off in my lap one day, paint so thin a fingernail can scratch it, rear view mirror falls down but Nissan won't replace it. Nissan says there is a lot of plastic and I should "learn to live with the noise"! Nissan Corp has gone downhill in the quality of vehicles.

The gas petal moves to the driver which is good for short people.

Nissan needs to get out the textbook on how they made earlier models and copy it. They are making junk plastic cars now.

I like my Pathfinder
By rochrandy

2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned three Xterras, 2000, 2002, & 2004. I decided to step up to the Pathfinder. Bought it Memorial Day 2008. I have 18000 miles on it with zero problems. I pull a small trailer and the Pathfinder handles it very well. I feel that I got my money's worth when I purchased it.

Backup camera

No major complaints but we all like more bells and whistles for our money. The more standard features the better the vehicle.