Used 2007 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Pathfinder SUV

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Great midsize SUV so far.
By pathoutwest

2007 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought our used 2007 Pathfinder LS 4X4 in Dec '10 55K miles. After purchase I read horror stories about transmission/radiator commingling issues. Nissan will now warranty the radiator and any other components (transmission) that fail as a result of the radiator defect.
Warranty is up to 8 years or 80,000 miles.
We owned a '97 Pathfinder with no major issues except the mass air flow sensor.
This newer Pathfinder is light years ahead of our old one. It is very quiet at highway speeds both engine and road noise seem very dampened.
The third row is for kids only
In 4 months we've averaged 17mpg city and 20 - 21
highway trips.
Head room could be another 2 inches. Great 4 towing our camper.

Factory DVD and Navigation. Towing capacity, very quiet at highway speeds. Solid build. Exterior design.

More head room, or allow seat to lower more! More stowage behind 3rd seat. Nissan should axe the Armada and increase the Pathfinder by a few inches on all sides and top. Add some additional storage areas under the second row. Then add a 6 speed transmission that will gear way down and deliver 25mpg on the highway. Toyota can do it - so Nissan should follow suit.

Gas Gage and Oxygen Sensor Issues
By Anonymous

2007 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased program pathfinder with 12,000 miles on it, with the 3yr/36k mile warranty. At 36,100 miles the oxygen sensor failed on the #3 cynlinder. Then before the first year was over my gas gage began acting up (falling to zero if it gets below half of a tank.) The Nissan extera and ultima have the same reported gas gage problem but my dealer says it is unrelated. Agree with other 6 foot tall person that said the vehicle is difficult to get in and out of without hitting your head. At 45,000 miles the heater begins to blow cold when you come to a stop sign, then heats back up. The back bumper scratches VERY easily, and not durable enough to pull a 23'boat. Won't buy nissan.

Peppy, but very difficult to start vehicle moving forwards without snapping the heads back on everyone in wtih you. I like the blue color.

More durable back bumper. A gas gage that works. Better mileage. Better heating system.

I can see clearly now
By Anonymous

2007 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my 2007 Pathfinder for a few months. I used to drive a little sports car. This is really beefy in comparison. I love the roominess and the way it handles. The gas mileage is lower than I had expected. I feel like I'm constantly filling the tank. Ouch!

Visibility, comfort, Bose system, tells me how much further I can drive before I run out of gas, the 3rd back seat, running boards, & heated seats.

The plastic on the doors, dash, & glove box scratches easily. It drive me nuts. This SUV is a V6 but it is gutless & I'm hauling nothing. Gas mileage isn't good.

Great SUV for the Price
By Sinead

2007 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle used 6 months ago. We traded in a Hemi Magnum because we have a young child and wanted something up higher (easier to get him in and out with the car seat) and wanted rear air vents. It can easily tow a trailer with 2 motorcycles. We seriously considered the Armada, but wanted better gas mileage. Gets 16-18 mpg in town, 20-23 hwy. The Pathfinder is a little bumpy of a ride, esp. compared to my old car. It is also harder to steer, so it's not as easy to park, but maybe those are the trade offs of going from a sport car to an SUV. It is noisy as well. Lots more wind noise, etc. Back seats are not roomy-- ok for kids. Third row is ONLY for kids. Lots of cargo room.

Height is good, gas mileage is reasonable for an SUV, feels safe and is comfortable even though it's a little bumpy. Rear a/c controls are a big plus. Towing capability is another plus. Leather seats are sweeeeet.

Bumpy ride, some noise, air temp controls are awkward, back seat needs more leg room and the seat backs (in middle row) should be able to lean back a bit more.

SAFE ON THE ROAD
By Eddie

2007 Nissan Pathfinder SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the suv last 2007 and finds it very reliable and safe in the road. Feels safe and comfort. Ideal for family of five and very nice to use in highway at the same time in dirt road.

Great for outdoor activity, can sleep comfortable with my wife and a kid.

Plastic interior and blind spot.