Used 2007 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Can only recommend with caveats.
By nwfinder

2007 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a review after 2.5 years of ownership.
We bought used with 60K miles. So far we avoided the dreaded transmission blow-up by by-passing the cooler lines.
Now it appear we may have the timing chain whine. Other than dodging mechanical armageddon with this SUV the only part we've replaced thus far is the fuel sending unit (under warranty). The ride is quiet and towing is excellent. I cannot recommend this vehicle unless you know for sure the radiator and timing chain has been replaced/fixed.
Otherwise get a Honda or Toyota. We used to own a '97 Pathfinder and NEVER had a problem. Third row is too small for adults. Will probably have to get bigger rig when kids hit teen years.

Rear DVD, towing capacity, quiet ride - no sqeaks or rattles. MPG isn't bad for a RWD/4WD towing rig. Good get-up and go for a V6. Great exterior design.

Reliability in major components (i.e. timing chain, radiator). Interior wear is marginal. More leg room in second and third tow, more head room (which I understand they address in the new crossover version Pathfinder) However, I understand those have major CVT problems so next towing SUV for us will be Honda or Toyota.

DO NOT BUY A NISSAN
By brownjen8

2007 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder. I too have the same problem with radiator & transmission. I called Nissan and they will not help me because I have 103,000 miles on it. The lady I talked to was Jacenta (sp) and she told me that I did have 103,000 miles on it so they couldn't help me and hung up on me. Obviously Nissan feels that a transmission should only last 80,000 miles and if their faulty mechanics cause antifreeze to ruin your transmission they should not be held responsible. I wonder if any CEO of Nissan would take a gallon of antifreeze and dump into their transmission? That is exactly what Nissan is doing and it usually happens around the 100,000 mark from what I hear.

Educate yourself '05-08 Pathfinder Radiator issues
By nwfinder

2007 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The radiators in these have a major defect that destroys the transmission, torque converter and computer that controls both. If not caught before the 80,000 mile warranty will be extremely expensive to repair!!!! We own a 2007 and haven't had the issue yet and hopefully won't. It's been recommended on numerous sites to have the cooler lines that go between the radiator and transmission by-passed to a separate transmission oil cooler that can be installed fairly cheaply by any transmission shop. Anyone who has a Pathfinder and has already Passed 80,000 miles and hasn't had a transmission failure should do it immediately!!!

Bottom line we love our Pathfinder and would recommend to others so long as they are aware of the radiator defect. We've had zero problems with ours and now has 73,000 miles. There is also pending litigation against Nissan. [non-permissible content removed.]

TRANSMITION PROBLEM
By risoti

2007 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Please, Please, Please don't buy 2007 Nissan Pathfinder. It is a piece of garbage. especially the transmition. all of them the transmition will get bad after 80k mile. mine was 88k mile when antifreeze filled up in the transmition.
when I took to the transmition shop, there were another five Nissan Pathfinders with exact same problem.

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS CAR

Don't Buy Nissan... PLEASE STAY AWAY....Buy Toyota!
By ndallasgent

2007 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Manufacturer radiator & Transmission Defect…. And they are very aware of the issue but will not make it apart of their recall. They’ve extended the warranty coverage to 80K miles. But the issue doesn’t start until 80,100 Miles! I own a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder. I was driving 40 MPH & attempting to accelerate but the vehicle wouldn’t respond. I took the vehicle in to the dealership for a diagnostic check($100 later) only to tell me that code P0717 is the issue. Which is a cross contamination of fluids from the radiator in to the transmission and both would need replacing. But since my vehicle was over the 80K (uninformed warranty), I would have to pay $6,600! I Won't Stop Until They Do Right!!!

None..... Their consumer affairs department wasn't helpful at all and I am in the process of joining a Class Action Lawsuit against them! This has to be the worst company ever!!!!!

Do right by their customers and stop trying to find a way around not being responsible for repairs that they know is an issue!!! They should correct this issue!!!!!! The dealer also advised that the failure was a Known issue with the make & model vehicle. The vehicle was rejected and not repaired. The current mileage on the vehicle was 82,000!!!!! I Will Not Stop Until They Do Right By Their Customers!!!!! I’m going to put this on ever news outlet, radio broadcast, and also notify my attorney!!!!