Used 2006 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews - 149 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Pathfinder Radiator leak into Tranny
By Donna from Lanc PA

2006 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a brand new Pathfinder in 2006. A few days ago, the engine light came on. I took it to Apple York Nissan(n/c the customer service in Lancaster PA is TERRIBLE) and they informed me that I need a new transmission and radiator. I looked this up online and it happens that many people have come across this. I have a HARD time swallowing the fact that I need to shell out $5900 for a car that is not even 5 years old! Does Nisan stand by ts cars? Hell no! Would I EVER buy from them again? Hell NO! Customer service was downright awful in Lancaster. York was better. This seems to be a ongoing prob with Nissan, I have researched this prob and many people have had it...its time

Nissan. Take ownership and responsibility for the prob. I purchased a brand new car from you, you do not stand by your vehicle. The car is not even 5 years old. Come on! Really?

No More Nissans
By No More Nissan

2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been reading posts, I have a 2006 Pathfinder, purchased brand new and had all the problems, replaced fuel gauge, IPDM, AC problem all under warranty. But I have had to buy two catalytic converters (they were flooded when the IPDM went out but Nissan would not cover), a new radiator with the fluid into the transmission (hopefully I won't need a new transmission but that may come too), and most recent a torque converter. Once my car hit 100,000 it fell apart, this was my first Nissan and I purchased this brand thinking it would last 200,000 but I will never purchase another Nissan, my first and last.

No Longer Loyal to Nissan
By Salukifan

2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My dealership just told me we need to replace timing chain for $1300.00 (71,000 mile). 1997 Maxima has 210,000 miles. Quality now not better than other brands. Will replace with Sequoia or GM/Ford product. Appears to be a problem they won't fix. Lost my loyalty!

Power, Bose Radio...

Cheap plastic on the dashboard. Feels like a Yugo. W

My last Nissan
By StevenC

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am very sorry to say my 2006 Nissan Pathfinder will be my last Nissan vehicle. After owning this truck only 3.5 years, it has left me on the side of the road thumbing for a ride one too many times. The most recent repair is a new transmission for $4500. In my transmission research, I discovered that this was the only year model that Nissan used this particular transmission. They know there is a problem, but will not recall the vehicle. I am extremely disappointed. Before the pathfinder, I owned a Nissan Maxima and it ran like a champ and still is to this day. I will never own a Nissan product again!

Good with a few flaws
By rr

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This was a fine SUV for the price. The ride was good for a truck based SUV with plenty of power. However, with the power comes pretty meager gas mileage. On my daily commute, mainly highway driving, I barely averaged 17.5 mpg. The second row seating has relatively little leg room and is very tight with a rear facing child car seat. The car seat is literally touching the front seat unless the front seat is pulled way almost to the dash. The third row is useless for adults. It would be great if you could skip the third row and take the extra leg room. Overall, the Pathfinder is a great vehicle with great utility. Performs very well in the snow.

Bose radio, plenty of power, plenty of utility with 2nd and 3rd row seats down.

satellite radio should be standard, horrible gas mileage, should only have two rows of seating.