Used 2006 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews - 151 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Done with It
By Roland

2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the car 3 years ago, I got the le with navigation and dvd. First when I got the car the screen used to tell me 325 miles to empty. Then year later went down to 290. Then again went down to 272 exactly. And I still won't get the 270. The most is 240 miles per full tank. I took it to the dealer and told me nothing wrong with it. The same day I decided to get rid of it. Same hour drove couple block to Honda dealer and I got the Odyssey true 8 passenger unlike the pathfinder 7 passenger and barley fit 6. This car has the worst fuel economy and not comfy at all. Lots of vibration when you press on gas. The hood always shaking to the point I had to stop 2 times to check on that.

very nice exterior,good cargo room when you fold the third row seat.

Fuel economy disaster, resale value bad, hard to access the third row, leg room for the second row is so tight, better brake and rotors, I had to replace them at 33,000 miles, better and smoother tire. Odyssey has Michelin and pathfinder no name tire. I will only recommend it to my worst enemy.

Great SUV
By Cynthia CA

2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This SUV is great in every way possible. Purchased this car in 2007, the car has 40,000 miles on it, the only problem is the tire pressure sensor and was replaced by the dealer in, less than 20 min for free because I have 6 years warranty or 75,000. I traded my pathfinder for 2010 maxima to get better mileage. Sure enough the next morning returned the maxima and got my truck back. The ride and the confidence you have when you drive this truck make it worth the extra money for the gas. I love this truck and after what happened I appreciate it even more.

great cargo room, third row is small but when you need it it's there, 6000 pound towing. perfect exterior look. it really stands among other cars and suvs

Better Tires.

Pathfinder Radiator leak into Tranny
By Donna from Lanc PA

2006 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a brand new Pathfinder in 2006. A few days ago, the engine light came on. I took it to Apple York Nissan(n/c the customer service in Lancaster PA is TERRIBLE) and they informed me that I need a new transmission and radiator. I looked this up online and it happens that many people have come across this. I have a HARD time swallowing the fact that I need to shell out $5900 for a car that is not even 5 years old! Does Nisan stand by ts cars? Hell no! Would I EVER buy from them again? Hell NO! Customer service was downright awful in Lancaster. York was better. This seems to be a ongoing prob with Nissan, I have researched this prob and many people have had it...its time

Nissan. Take ownership and responsibility for the prob. I purchased a brand new car from you, you do not stand by your vehicle. The car is not even 5 years old. Come on! Really?

No More Nissans
By No More Nissan

2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been reading posts, I have a 2006 Pathfinder, purchased brand new and had all the problems, replaced fuel gauge, IPDM, AC problem all under warranty. But I have had to buy two catalytic converters (they were flooded when the IPDM went out but Nissan would not cover), a new radiator with the fluid into the transmission (hopefully I won't need a new transmission but that may come too), and most recent a torque converter. Once my car hit 100,000 it fell apart, this was my first Nissan and I purchased this brand thinking it would last 200,000 but I will never purchase another Nissan, my first and last.

No Longer Loyal to Nissan
By Salukifan

2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My dealership just told me we need to replace timing chain for $1300.00 (71,000 mile). 1997 Maxima has 210,000 miles. Quality now not better than other brands. Will replace with Sequoia or GM/Ford product. Appears to be a problem they won't fix. Lost my loyalty!

Power, Bose Radio...