Used 2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews - 150 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

My 1st new car is a Pathfinder
By Kevin in Colorado

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

In the past 8 years I have owned 2 vehicles, 1 - 1997 Jeep Wrangler and 1 - 1999 Nissan Maxima. I liked the 4x4 capability of the Jeep (which I need in Colorado) and the pickup and go / gas mileage and reliability of the Nissan. The 06 Pathfinder is the best of both worlds with style and function all in one. I bought a 2006 SE Off- road edition with less than 200 miles on it and now at just under 2000 miles I have experienced between 17.5 mpg and 19.6 mpg. I go up to Fairplay, CO from Denver at least 3 times a month and to the ski resorts about 2 times a month and get great gas mileage both up & down the mountain and in 4x4 drive. In the city I experience lower gas milage @ 17.5 mpg per tank.

I'm a single guy, but I have used the 7 passenger seating a few times to go out on the town, a bachelor party, my brothers wedding & it also came in handing for family coming in from out of town. The 3rd row is small for adults, but..I didn't buy it for them- I bought it for ME & for the versatility!

The 2nd row seat has plastic latches to fold the seats down. They feel weak & as if I'm going to break them. Thats the only quality concern I have. I would suggest to have hard plastic on the back of the 2nd row like the 3rd row has for when its folded down, that would add to the versatility.

Fun to drive
By RAMI

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great truck and comfortable to drive around in town and travel great third seat to use or for extra storage great power 270hp

Stereo system controls on steering wheel and, leather seats ,

Good All Around Performer
By Tundrathunder

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We had every intention of buying another 4Runner, unfortunately, due to the stupidity of the 3rd row seat design by Toyota in the 4Runner (the seats do NOT fold down but fold over & hang on the rear walls causing blind spots on both sides) we had to look at the Pathfinder. After our test drive and research, we found that even with the 3rd row seat up, I could not only fit my golf clubs in the cargo area, but a double stroller as well. Neither was possible in the 4Runner with the seats up or hanging. Power & comfort are better in the Pathfinder and also has a slightly better ride. Fit & finish are by far better in the 4Runner. If you have issues with gas mileage, buy a car for Pete's sake!

Steering wheel controls, rear climate control, cargo space, engine power, ride on the highway, interior room & comfort, sporty looks, 6 disk cd changer, dual climate control, orange dash lights, foot pedal height adjustment, dual glove compartment, center console space, multiple power outlets.

Limit noise engine, improve fit & finish, lower the rear door handles so the kids can reach them, make rear and side air bags standard as most people (women) who purchase the Pathfinder use it as a family vehicle too. Finding this option is difficult at times. Add an automatic rear roll down window.

2006 Nissan Pathfinder
By Ray

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This SUV is a joy to drive. It's strongly built, runs fast and steady, great pick up and feels very secure at high speed. It is built with high quality materials and perfect fit and finish. Gas mileage is around 20-22 miles PG ( 70 miles an hour speed) on the highway and 15 in the city. This is a big SUV but does not feel big. Great vehicle for long drives and bumpy roads.

Exterior Look, interior design, easy to read instruments. Plenty of room for all passengers with high and clear visibility of the road and surrounding.

More solid and comfortable seats. Better gas mileage. More choice of colors.

very happy with my pathfinder
By Claudia

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

excellent car, comfortable, spacious, it takes a lot of gas, $45, now that gas is at $2.70 gallon but i drive for 7 days, very good looking truck. I can't get enough of it!

leather, sit very comfortable, AC for all the 7 sits, cousi yet big enough, drives as comfortable as a car.

a small fridge that you may plug to the AC to carry a soda or coffe.