Used 2006 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews - 151 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Great SUV
By Joe

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is the best, in my opinion of all vehicles in its class. With roomy interior and a very handsome exterior, Nissan went over and above in the Pathfinder design. I also own a Titan, which I normally pull my 23 foot, 4000 pound, wakeboard boat with. One day I decided to use the Pathfinder, I was impressed! It pulls with ease. Much better quality in all features than the Envoy, and Pilot, way better than Durango and Jeep. This thing is solid! It's the perfect combination of a powerful SUV, sporty handling and quickness. On the highway smooth and quiet. Fuel economy is better than I expected. I believe this is the SUV the other manufacturers try to copy.

A+ power. Easy around town. Excellent Bose sound system! Third row seats flip down flush for an extra large trunk. Interior is plush and comfortable, a real trend setter.

Improvements? I can't think of any.

A Great Pathfinder
By Rick

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We traded our 2004 Chev Trailblazer for this 06 Pathfinder. It handles much better than the Trailblazer. This Pathfinder is narrower and smaller, it has the power when needed. I would buy another Pathfinder in the future.

Bose 6 changer CD system, moonroof, and how the seats fit your body so well.

Nothing at this time.

Perfect SUV
By KurtL

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had a 2003 Pathfinder lease and took a 2006 after 3 years. Like this one better. Roomier, smoother, more space, better ride and handling. Love the style too. Got both comfort and performance pkgs. Love it!! Gas economy is 17 back and forth to work etc., highway 21+. Only issue was backup lights didn't work at first, and dealer replaced the transmission in order to fix 'em(??). I found that odd. But it's trouble free ever since.

Bose 6-CD player. Great sound throughout. Smooth quiet ride like a luxury car. Fits my 6-4, 220 frame like a glove.

After 35,000 miles, I'm selling
By Joe

2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We own a 2006 Pathfinder LE (35,000 miles) and a 2005 Toyota 4Runner (45,000 miles). When new, I liked the Pathfinder more. Now I prefer the 4Runner. The Toyota has been trouble free, while I've been to Nissan a number of times for silly stuff: running board rubber peeled up, idler pulley noisy, driver's window slamming into track, heater control jams, door handle fell off, etc. Also, handling seems to have deteriorated to the point of being scary around turns that aren't smooth. Bad shocks? While my dealer has been superb, the car has not. Toyota does build a better vehicle. But, I love the drivetrain on the Path - very strong and smooth. Improve the suspension to the level of the drivetrain.

Driveline, Nav system, leather seat material holds up very well.

Fix whatever has made the suspension feel so squirrely. Improve quality control. Leave out the 3rd seat - this truck is too small for one - and make the second row seating more spacious and comfortable. Higher quality door panels (too much hard plastic). Improve the climate controls.

Best SUV for the $
By Hillcoach

2006 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned this 06 Pathfinder a little over a year now, 18,500 miles. Excellent vehicle. Lots of power allows it to pull a trailer and/or full load of stuff with ease. With kayaks and bikes on the roof it averages about 18 mpg at 65-70 mph. Mileage as high as 22 without gear on the roof. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone who tows and/or carries lots of toys on their roof. Lots of fun to drive daily and comfortable on long trips.

100% reliable and with 4WD can go almost anywhere.

Dash mounted rear tailgate release lever.