Used 2005 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews - 367 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Just bought '05 used Pathfinder
By Dave

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After doing a lot of research into finding a new vehicle, I ended up choosing an '05 Pathfinder that I found used at a local dealer. I've taken the Pathfinder on a couple of long trips already and I really enjoy driving it. I moved into this vehicle from a '99 Pontiac Grand Prix. That car was fun to drive, but at 115k miles, it was time to trade. Granted, I can't take sharp corners in the Pathfinder at 80mph, but overall I'm very pleased with its handling. If you want a $50k SUV, then you're going to have to pay $50k. But for the money, I think the Pathfinder more than delivers.

Bose stereo, lots of storage areas, awesome cupholders (my last car had terrible cup holders!), great acceleration & handling. Comfortable to drive, and I feel very safe in this vehicle.

Like everyone else, I wouldn't mind better gas mileage, but I knew what I was getting in to when I bought it. For Michigan winters, it's going to be worth a few extra bucks at the pump.

Nice ride
By Paul Hitchcock

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Off Road 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first suv after owning 2 bmw 3 series. I really miss the bmw. I love the power and looks but do not like the gas mpg. But that's what you get with a suv. For the 1st suv I have owned I really like it. I wished that I got the premium package tho.

power,looks,reliability,3rd row seat

MPG!!!!!!!! also put a pressure monitor on the spare tire. I had to use the spare and now the tire pressure light is permanently on. Hopefully the dealer won't give me a problem with that.

Love IT!!!! Favorite Vehicle!!!!!!
By Mollie Jolly

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Off Road Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We traded in our Jeep Liberty on our Pathfinder and we could not be happier. We love its roominess (we have 2 small children) and its look. I love it....I would buy it over again in a heart beat.

I love the mpg and dte on the dash....that is very helpful. And, I love the flip down seats!

The back seats would be a little more comfortable and that they were alittle more accessible.

Steering Problems
By DeeDee

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased my Pathfinder in July 2005 and I was loving it. I had a Mitsubishi suv before and hated it because of the rough ride. The ride in the Pathfinder was much smoother, but, for some reason now when I ride over bumps the rear of the truck dances or should I say it shifts for some reason. But, the sound system is great and so is the dvd player. I just wish I wasn't having the rear wheel problems. It started after I put air in my tires.

My favorite feature is the sound system.

For such a sporty truck it would be nice if the outside mirrors had the turn signals on it also.

Good SUV for the money
By PLC

2005 Nissan Pathfinder XE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased in May of '05. Horrible experience with Tom Peacock Nissan in Houston. Vehicle is great, however, no mechanical problems whatsoever, great power, fun to drive, handling is superior. Few minor issues that others have mentioned - interior plastic scuffs/scratches very easily, and there are a few rattles/squeaks that have shown up in the first 7k miles. Hopefully these will diminish as the car gets older. I bought the Nissan hoping for a long lasting quality vehicle that can hold its own off the beaten path. Added the running boards myself for only $200 or so. Can't really complain about the gas mileage, as it has 270 horses, and I'm coming from a Ford F-150.

Dual glove box, Instrument panel, styling, interior room, handling, drivability, bang for $$$. Every bit as good as Toyota 4Runner, but less $$$. Very reliable so far, time will tell!

Initial quality could be better. A car of this reputation should not have the squeaks and rattles in the interior. They come and go, but very evident on rough road. Lighted steering wheel controls , better stock radio would be nice, but it is pretty good sound.