Used 2004 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

My Second Pathfinder
By HappyWithNissan

2004 Nissan Pathfinder LE Platinum 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When the El Nino storms washed away the dirt road to our home, we used our first Pathfinder to escape to safety along a steep horse trail -- since then, we've been hooked. Now on our second Pathfinder (we traded in the first one when it was 7 years old so that we could have a shiny new one for our babies), we're still very happy owners. We know that if a mountain trip or weather requires it, our Pathfinder can find a way to get us where we're going. And it drives well in the city as well. The ABS kicks in when needed, the steering handles curvy roads very well, and the seats are comfortable even for long drives. Although mileage could be better, we get a decent 16 city, 20 highway.

AWD, ABS, compass, leather seating, high clearance, stability in snowy or dangerous driving conditions, etc.

Better mileage, third row seating (which is now an option), better alignment of latches (for booster seats) with head rests.

Disappointed
By PF

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I find it to be very noisy. Wind noise especially from the sunroof is annoying. Rattling from defroster vents on the top of the dashboard is annoying and appears to be a poor design. That's just me being a little picky with engineering problems that shouldn't be that hard to correct. My big disappointment is that with only 28,000 miles on it the evaporator cannister and vent control valve failed and cost me $550.00 to fix at the dealer. I'm out of warranty because it's over 36 months old. I contacted Nissan, but they have offerd me no consideration helping out with the cost of repairs. I wouldn't have expected components to fail at such low mileage.

Comfortable ride, well equipped

Better gaskets around doors and windows for quieter ride.

Solid Solid Solid
By 3rdPrizeIsYoureFired

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third Pathfinder and they've all been fantastic. Bought it new, and after 40k miles, not one major problem. Only minor problem was an alignment. That's it. Don't like the climate control much, I prefer three dials, but that's subjective. Plenty of space, not really a luxury SUV, but a solid performer and can handle just about any task... commuting, towing, hauling. Plus it's really a handsome car. Even though the gas mileage is pretty lousy, I plan to keep it anyway because it's just so reliable. Almost a perfect car.

Perfect size - not too big, not too small. Radio controls on steering wheel, auto up/down windows, window opens in tailgate, allowing long loads.

Climate control is a little too smart. If you want recirculated air, the car automatically turns on the A/C. No way to defeat that. CD changer not too reliable, but in this age of iPods, who cares?

Tough little SUV
By Lauren

2004 Nissan Pathfinder LE Platinum 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was drawn to the 2004 Pathfinder for its styling and performance. This SUV is loaded with options that make driving and riding enjoyable in all weather conditions. Will keep it forever!

Automatic climate control, gauges, tire pressure sensor, trucklike utility

Somewhat short turning radius, liftgate has a hard close.

My baby!
By Brian Graham

2004 Nissan Pathfinder LE Platinum 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

With 41,000 miles in 3 years, she still purrs like a kitten every day. Trips to Home Depot or even putting 4 golf bags in the back is easy. Black on black, leather, loaded! She eats up the snow in the winter. What a great machine!

Heated seats, sunroof, 6 CD changer in dash, auto-4WD, and power!

Gas mileage of course. 15 city/19 highway isn't good enough. Hotter heated seats (maybe 3 stage like in the BMW). Better battery. Aux outlet for iPod.