Used 2003 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews - 167 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Great purchase
By ap

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Ok, so the gas mileage isn't the best. It's an SUV, what are you gonna do? I still think that out of all the SUVs out there, this one has some of the best mileage I've seen. I'm averaging 20city/24hwy. The comfort of the ride is extremely smooth and it's got great get up and go. I'm very glad I bought this car. It has been reliable comfortable car.

Bose stereo, luggage rack, V6 engine.

Reduce outside noise. It's not too loud but it could be softer.

Great SUV for the money
By Steve-O

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is our second Pathfinder (first one just wrecked) and it won't be our last. An SUV that gets 20 mpg is great in my book, overall great quality, I wish those little rubber seals between the fender flares and body wouldn't discolor, but hey, if thats all there is to complain about who cares. If you're gonna buy one, splurge!! Get the loaded SE leather, sunroof, heated seats, and the extra side and curtain airbags.

Bose radio, radio controls on steering wheel, 20 MPG, price tag, resale value!

None.

2nd Pathfinder
By Bass-o-matic

2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second pathfinder. We have owned it for about three weeks, so my review will not reflect long term reliability. However, I know that these things will last. I have several friends that have well over 200k on their older Pathfinders. I sold my 93 with 200k on the odo and would not have hesitated to drive it across the US. I hooked a trailer on my old one and drove it across the US with 155k on the odo. But this is a review about a 2003, so what do I think- Great build quality, equal or better than the Lexus RX300 we traded in. Great power (the 93 could barley get out of its own way). Noisy when cold- belts, and valve clatter, better when warm. Great off road capability.

Leather, heated seats, power- 240 hp 265 ft-lb. Handling is better than most SUVs. Steering wheel audio controls, (if you hold the UP or DOWN button while a CD is playing it will change CD's, tap and it will advance songs). 8 way adj. driver seat. Good ride quality. Auto 4x4 is nice-2wd or awd ability

Road noise is a bit much for a high end suv, wind and rain make quite a racket. Gas mileage like there is a hole in the gas tank. (To be fair, I knew this before we bought it,do your research- if you expect 25mpg don't buy this car) MPG is lower than average for SUVs in its class. AVG -15city 18hwy

Not as good as expected
By wmhray

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Driving is acceptable, but the brakes had a problem with the pedal going lower than the gas. Dealer had to go over it several times, but this was a safety hazard. The A/C developed a leak, and the Service Engine light cost $900 to get a leak fixed. The shield under the engine fell down due to a corroded fastener breaking.

Interior finish.

The corrosion problems need to be addressed and warranty increased.

stylish
By pkmcd99

2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Finally an SUV with luxury options at an affordable price. 5 star safety is a welcomed bonus. love my Nissan, glad to rid my Jeep.

heated leather seats

should offer traction control locker in rear, although, limited slip option performs flawlessly