Used 2000 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews - 76 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Great SUV
By azkimo

2000 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 2000 with 245000 miles on it for 1700.00. After replacing the cv joints, heater core, front struts, rear shocks, front bearings and front drive shaft bearings, it is like a new car. I would drive it anywhere.

cruise, locking hubs, alarm, enough power in the engine. Stock tinting

better gas mileage,, windows very slow in cold weather. More rear room for passengers

Reliable ride for 3 years
By lajla

2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV

Bought this Nissan with 99.000 km (Canada), sold it 3 years later with 143.000 km. No issues whatsoever, absolutely reliable, rattle free, firm ride, no squeaks.
Started every time in any temperature without any hesitation.
Only dislike I had was underpowered engine and Pathfinder's feature of not locking the
torque converter until the engine is hot. When you get on the hwy with cold engine, it seems like the 4th gear won't shift in. I actually thought first that it's a bad tranny :-) Other than that, awesome vehicle. Oh - gas milage is poor - got 15 mpg in city, maybe 16 on hwy, light foot. My 04 4Runner has better milage and more power, but not as smooth ride like Pathfinder

BOSE stereo, car-like ride, rear seat's back support is reclining

Gas mileage, cold engine not locking transmission converter mode is quite annoying on hwy

Just got it!!!
By fasani

2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD

I just got a 2000 Nissan Pathfinder with just 70k miles. I made my first family trip and we drove about 2k miles with no issues.
Geat familiy car, and it was exactly what I was looking for.

Confort, quality, everything is well done, incredible equipment (it's a 2000 car!!!).

The 3.3 V6 is underpower, but it has enough power to take you anywhere in the city or in the highway. So, no complaints. Fuel consumption could be better but it's what I expected.

This thing guzzles gas!!!!!
By dullchime

2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This my wife's car so I just started driving it. We've had it since 33,000miles and now were at 115,000 and we've replaced brakes, struts, fuel filler hose, tires, and oil has been changed every 5000. NOW its in need of a new knock sensor and even before this, it seemed like it drinks gas.
I have a Chevy Tahoe and it does better.
Im going to replace the air filter and spark plugs and see if that helps at all...All in all not a bad little SUV. Great in the snow too.

Tight handling. Oversized tires, sunroof is nice. Visibility is pretty good all around.

Power windows are S L O W... Rear wiper is pretty dumb. Doesnt really wipe well and works erractly.

2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE 3.3L V6
By aufiero92

2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4dr SUV 4WD

I was passed down a 2000 Pathfinder from my dad recently.. He got it new and I received it with 150K and was running fine. Since then, I've put 35K on it and have had no major problems. This car is one of the most reliable vehicles I've ever had. Starts fine in the freezing cold, 4WD works perfect, has never broken down, however, there are a few electrical problems. Most of the console lights don't work, seat heater indicator doesn't work, sunroof only opens by repeatedly clicking the switch, and the 6 CD changer broke and got jammed before I replaced it. Other then those small cosmetic issues, it is a great car and very reliable.

Leather seats, heated seats, 6 CD changer (when worked), sunroof, plenty of cargo space, large wheel wells, rugged look with nice interior, 4WD, off road capability, rear seats (i have a 6'3'' or 4" friend who comfortably can sit in the back)

Weak engine. nothing really that wasn't caused by time or normal wear and tear outlets don't work, window motors slow, center console lights don't work minus clock and temp, sunroof doesn't open fluidly Other then that, car works fine. Only had to replace one brake light and minor repairs that were usually due to my personal use of the car. I am very rough on the car, had it for almost a year now and have already put 35K+ on it, taken it off-roading and driven through very large puddles (once stalled for a bit but restarted quick), driven/been stuck in 3+ feet of snow, and pretty much anything else you can think of, my Pathfinder has done. It's an amazingly persistent and reliable SUV