Used 1993 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1993 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

One of the best SUVs
By Bob

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this vehicle new and have no plans to give it up, even with 122,000 miles. I've got a 5-speed, which is the best transmission for this vehicle. It goes in the snow where other SUVs can't- I've even gone right around stalled Lexus and Jeep SUVs on snow-covered hills. 31" tires definitely improve the ride. Changed valve cover gasket twice, power antenna three times. Other than that and normal maintenance, nothing. If you don't lug the engine, perform maintenance on schedule, and treat it like you want it to run forever, it will. Last of the great Pathfinders.

Great stereo (for a '93). Goes anywhere, and looks good getting there.

Power- only 153 hp. No cup holders. Turning radius with oversized tires is terrible. A/C on idle is insufficient.

Excellent Vehicle
By carollins

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought in 2000 at 115k miles, now at 225k. Never a problem. Original clutch and starter, new shocks, battery, alternator, and rear hatch coils. 19 mpg with synthetic oil at 75mph. Car will go anywhere in Rocky Mountains, and have driven cross country several times too, nice on the highway as well as Whiter Rime trail in Canyonlands.

BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A's for use in snow, desert, and longevity. Love the two analog odometers, trip and tank. adjustable shocks, sport and tour, nice to loosen (tour) for washboard roads. Plenty of room for camping with a rooftop box and bikes on a rack mounted to the rear tire hitch.

Motor is underpowered for mountain driving in Colorado, otherwise perfect power, traction, and clearance. Replaced the header bolts at 150k due to hissing in exhaust, several have broken again. I thought the newer bolts were improved strength.

Great 93 Pathfinder
By Fausto Araujo

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This is one of the best cars I have ever owned. I have been driving it for almost 14 years and it never gave me any big problem. It is amazing. It now has 180,000 miles and still runs great and I get the same fuel consumption as when it new. I wish I could keep it forever.

All metal body, strongly built, great paint job and excellent leather seats.

Could have a ride a little softer.

pathy
By nick micho

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD

i have loved this truck from day 1. my dad messed up the engine from carelessness so i replaced it with another stock engine and have absolutely no problems other than exhaust leaks which are fixed buy headers all and all i love this vehicle from the way it drives to the way it looks.

all of them

headers

Very reliable SUV with a smooth ride
By Eddie

1993 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

This has been the best vehicle I ever owned. Although I have not baby the vehicle it still looks fantastic, never had ANYTHING that cost me a bunch to fix, and except for the original junky battery crapping out, the vehicle has never left me stranded anywhere. Still rinning strong at 180,000 miles and all I done is change the water pump and maintenance (tires, oil changes, timing belts, spark plugs). Once I change the clutch I should be good for another 100K miles at least. I have taken the truck off roading, towed a trailer for several year, went to the mountains (ie used the thing as an SUV). I just wish I had 2 of them.

Reliable, confortable, smooth ride (almost forget it still a truck), nice looking, long lasting, good cornering (for an SUV of course), OK horsepower, good enough to carry stuff inside.

Better way to carry the spare, a way to open the back hatch from the inside, longer lasting shockd for the rear window (the hatch lift shocks lasted longer, go figure), better cup holders, batter mileage (cause it stinks 13-19MPG) it has OK power but not enough to justify the poor mileage