Used 2015 Nissan NV200 Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Nissan NV200 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific NV200 model:

THE WORST CAR I HAVE EVER DRIVEN.....THE WORST
By Robb G

2015 Nissan NV200 SV 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This van does not belong on the road and Nissan should be ashamed of them selves for putting it on the road. I have 12,000 miles on mine and have hated every mile. Its so slow, tires are garbage(way to small for highway travel)...need new tires at 12,000 miles(worn out already), VERY unstable at highway speeds...anything over 60MPH you better hang on for your life. The back door is already off alignment(doesnt close right). The transmission is dull....you cant get out of your own way...forget about passing anyone. The engine light came on at 7 miles on the odometer....the fuel mileage sucks!! I can go on and on....FYI....its a company vehicle not my own

Replaced Transmission at 120,000
By Ls

2015 Nissan NV200 S 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Unfortunately our shop bought 4 Nissan NV200s. Transmission went out in the oldest one already and I'm still making payments. You CANNOT rebuild this transmission. Had to purchase a whole new one because of how they are built. Only a 12,000 warranty. My transmission mechanic of 12 years has said he is replacing Nissan Nv200 transmission all the time because they are using plastic pieces now and and cannot be rebuilt. We used to get our old Ford and Chevy Cargo transmissions rebuilt for less than $2400 and Hurst would give a 100,000 mile warranty on his work. I am now looking to dump the rest of these pieces of junk!! I still own a Ford with 350,000 miles that had the transmission rebuilt at 205,000 miles for $1800. Sorry Nissan, if Toyota had a cargo van, I would buy them and replace the NV200.

Nissan and they're great tire wear scam
By Matt

2015 Nissan NV200 S 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Watch out when you buy an nv200 cargo van my van and numerous other reviews on the internet State the same thing ear regular tire wear tread cross pattern issues Tire cupping dealer and manufacturer blaming it on consumer knowing that there is a issue with suspension I myself have had the tire pressure sensor system worked on at least twice was supposed to have had a tire rotation by the dealer in January of 2017 I have had bearing and Axle work on the front end have been trying to get the vehicle into dealer for over four to five months and now that it is in the dealer the dealer is trying to hit me with a lot of vehicle cost of repairs when the vehicle is under 5 year 100,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty and tires are under the manufacturer warranty tires have been rotated tire pressure sensor System since the dealer recalibrated it and January of 2017 the indicator has never went off on the dash to advise me that the tires were low but somehow when I took it into the dealer they're blaming the ear regular tire wear on low pressure which is the same diagnosis that is all over the internet from other customers writing negative reviews I am getting treated the same way from Nissan Nissan is trying to cover it up the dealer is trying to cover up their poor repairs and at this point the vehicle has been left at the dealership and I am investigating lemon law in the state of Ohio.

window needed on back passenger side
By Wendy Cloud

2015 Nissan NV200 S 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have windows in the back, but there should be a window built into the back passenger side. Not to open and close...just to look thru. Would be a lot safer.
Nissan should do a recall and put in the side window.

The gas gauge is frustrating because I don't know when I'm at the beginning of a bar or near the end. I like the old-style vertical, linear gauge.

Again, the spare tire should be inside the vehicle or have a lift-up at the end of the bed. I had them put it inside so the tire guys wouldn't have to go to a lot of hassle to check it and put air in it. I do not use the air indicator at all because it flashes on and off like all the other lights. If something needs attention, that light should stay on. I just get the tires filled once a month, like usual.
There is very little room in the passenger seat and glove compartment...they should both have more space.
The mileage should show tenths of a mile.

NV200
By LEON COLF

2015 Nissan NV200 S 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Although not the fastest van off the line, it has plenty of power and will reach highway speeds long before you get to the end of the on ramp. The cargo space has been enough for all the tools and equipment I have had to carry in my handyman jobs. Ride is to the plus side of OK and turning into tight spots has been a breeze. Visibility for changing lanes lacks, but the blind spot mirrors on each side help a lot, so learning to drive it is in order. The instrument panel is set up nicely and the steering wheel controls are easy and accessible. After the first thousand miles the gas mileage has been above the sticker of 24 and 25, getting 27.5 around town and 30 on the road even with some weight in the back. Overall I have been very happy with it and it has actually gone over my expectations for it. I test drove the Ford version and was not as impressed.