Used 2010 Nissan Murano SUV Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Nissan Murano SUV

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Buyer Beware
By sgtrock62

2010 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This was my wife's car. We both absolutely loved it. One morning at o dark thirty, my wife was on the way to work with our grandson in the car to drop him off at daycare. The car started slowing down to the point that it wouldn't go any further. My wife and grandson were stranded on a dark highway with no street lights. Bottom line, at 40'000 miles the transmission went out. The car has been at the dealership for over a week now. They are waiting on a new transmission to come in. It projected to to be ready next week. I'll believe that when I see it. In the mean time, I'm stuck paying $200 a week for a rental car.
Nissan won't pay the rental car even though it's a warranty service issue.

Do your research. There are numerous issues out there with the Nissan CVT transmissions. I wished I would have knew this before I bought the car.

Absolutely love this vehicle!
By avmnsww

2010 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

After many weeks of research & test drives, I purchased a 2010 Murano SL with leather, moonroof, bluetooth, ipod, upgraded Bose stereo, Homelink, backup camera.
I researched and drove:
Honda CRV, Subaru Outback; Subaru Forester; Volvo XC60; Volvo XC90; VW Tiguan, Kia Sorento and (but didn't drive) Audi Q5, Rav4, so a very broad spectrum.
The is by far the best value:
more luxurious than Subaru, Honda, Rav4 and Kia; more for the money than Volvo and Audi; more space than a Tiguan; same or more power than most; same or better mpg than most.
Nissan reliability (vs. Audi, Kia & VW).
I love this vehicle and highly recommend it!

Plush heated leather seats; Best in class space for 5 passenger SUV; Great performing engine (Nissan CVT); great blue color; reasonable (though not great) mpg; awesome bluetooth; Bose stereo; design that rivals Lexus and Audi; dual moonroof

automatic headlights should be standard

Awesome just about covers it
By bkitti

2010 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased this vehicle at the end of 2010 and was torn between the '10 or '11.
Because of the incentives that were being offered on the '10 I was able to get a loaded '10 vs '11 for even less money.
I was deciding between the new Ford Edge and this one and glad I picked the Murano.
It is a GREAT vehicle and the more I drive it the more I love it.
I have never had a Nissan and I am really impressed with it and the way it was put together.
It def. has the power and performance for a SUV, and doesn't feel like I am driving a boat.
I have only put about 100 miles on it so far, so time will tell.

The leather seats are very comfortable and supportive, the Bose system is great. The display shows all the information I need at the glance of the eye. CVT transmission. So pretty much EVERYTHING.

As of right now, nothing

Excellent Vehicle
By Anonymous

2010 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have just turned in my 2007 Murano for a new 2010 Murano. I am expecting baby #2 and have found for the space the vehicle is perfect. It runs great, has beautiful design inside and out and is a safe vehicle for my family. I have shopped around and for my budget its the best vehicle hands down.

interior / exterior design

none that I could suggest at this time

Great Vehicle, But
By Kerry Klinefelter

2010 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned this vehicle for about 3 months now and I really like it. My SL is fully loaded. I got every option available. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a sharp looking, great performing crossover.

It performs above my expectations and rides like a dream. The sound and navigation systems are really outstanding.

1) Gas mileage. Gets better mileage with air conditioning turned on. 2) Outside temp., reading would be better on the rear view mirror so the passenger can read as well as the driver. 3) Fully illuminated buttons under the rear view mirror. I have to turn on courtesy light to see the homelink button.