Used 2009 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews - 207 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Wasn't looking to buy a Murano...
By Andrew

2009 Nissan Murano S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

On my way to sign the paperwork on another SUV, I decided to stop in and checkout the Rogue, - too small - salesman suggested the Murano and I test drove it - just because. I never made it to the other dealership and bought it right then. I have always driven Toyota and Honda but the Murano was much nicer and had many standard options. I have had the Murano for a month and I look for reasons to drive. Comfort, handling and the interior will keep me in this SUV for a while. The other SUV's I was considering, Toyota Highlander (wife has one), Subaru Tribeca, and the Hyundai Santa Fe. For better gas mileage use premium fuel and switch to full synthetic oil (Mobile 1).

Most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned....and I have back problems. Power is very good (with premium gas). Good value - Standard options make my White Toyota Camry look like a block of tofu. Gas mileage same as my wife's 4 cyl 2007 Highlander - so far.

Better cup holders for the front, I miss my temp gauge and directional in the rearview. Cargo area just a wee bit small. Popout storage in the front door panels would have been worth the design effort.

Worth waiting for...
By FFunque

2009 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My wife and I researched for several months on our next new car looking at the Toyota Highlander, the Mazda CX-7, Ford Edge, Honda Pilot, the list goes on... Each of the the aforementioned models has options and accessories we liked but none had everything in one vehicle - not until we came across the 2009 Murano. The comfort, quality, fit & finish, ride, accessories and options combined to make this car standout from the rest. We are extremely happy with our purchase and thoroughly enjoy driving this car. We know that this may not be the car for everyone, we're just thankful that we waited for this and we couldn't be happier. 2009 Murano, Silver, LE AWD, Nav, Leather, Dual Moonroof, et

Interior layout, comfortable heated seats, dual moonroof, navigation system, Bluetooth, moodlighting, sound system,

Fuel economy could stand a bit of improvement.

Great Improvement
By Dan

2009 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I owned a 2005 Murano, which unfortunately was totaled after 38K miles. Looked at the Highlander, Pilot, Venza, and Infiniti FX. Ended up purchasing the 09 Murano LE and have no regrets. Best of all worlds: Power, comfort, tons of gadgets. Feels like a completely different vehicle than the 05 model...across the board a great improvement.

Nav system, rear camera, Bluetooth, dual moonroof, Bose sound system.

Better rear visibility, improved gas mileage.

A bit bouncy
By Dave

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

After months of careful research and test driving other vehicles, I finally decided on the Murano. While the vehicle has so many great qualities, including a fantastic interior, comfortable seats, and great ergonomics, I wish I had taken a bit more of an extensive test drive in the vehicle I took home. While the vehicle isolates road "bumps" my particular example has this sort of undulating bouncy character to it which is especially noticeable on surface streets. It is smoothed out somewhat at speed on the freeway but is still noticeable. Anyway, it is a bit annoying to say the least and definitely is detracting from the excitement that should come with a new care. Take a long test drive!

Back up camera, heated seats, roomy second row, Bose sound system. I likely wouldn't buy again given the bouncy ride quality that was painfully obvious from the first ride home. If AWD needed, I would look more closely at the new Forester, or the EX35 AWD.

The ability to open the hatch from the inside should be standard without having to spring for the Technology package. My 1993 Saturn has this "Technology" in the form of a trunk release. Anyway, it makes it so there is at least one more step when getting out and unloading things from the rear.

my sofa on wheels!
By clare simpson

2009 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned my Murano LE since early January and I absolutely love it. I have previously driven a Ford Explorer and a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Nothing compares to the smooth, quiet and luxurious ride of the Murano. The dashboard is arranged perfectly and the console has two cup holders plus a very useful oblong holder that is perfect to hold the cell phone open while using the Bluetooth, or any other item that you might need in a hurry. This car has it all- easy to pull down rear seats, lots of room in the back,auto lift gate is wonderful, the 6 cyl. engine has incredible power on the highway,especially for merging, and definitely is more powerful than my Jeep V-8 ever was! Awesome car!

Dashboard design,exterior design-best looking SUV on the road, smooth quiet ride, seats are so easy to raise and lower, love the dual sunroof, the seats are incredibly comfortable but supportive. Love the keyless entry feature-it has saved me hours in searching for my keys at the bottom of my purse!

Absolutely nothing! It is a near-perfect car.