Used 2009 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews - 207 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Murano

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Great Car/Bad Service
By Robert

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I love this car, I was one of the first people to buy the new Murano at my dealership when it came out. The only problem I've had with it is the front cap is loose, and the dealer is having trouble fixing it. I love the comfort, we have done a lot of traveling, the car already has 28,000 miles on it, and not one complaint. Just wish I could get the service dept to do their job.

Bluetooth, power liftgate, stereo system, and the extremly quite ride. The seats are very comfortable.

Have come back to the car a couple times and the back liftgate would be open due to the button in my pocket getting pressed. I would change the way the key fob works

I really, really like it
By Linda G

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased the SL AWD with the dual moonroof, leather, premium and technology packages, wanted the LE, but couldn't justify the extra cash. It's been 9 months, and I must say, the car has grown on me. In the last month I've seen so many '09 Murano's on the road, the word must have gotten out. I must admit it was kind of nice being the only one around.

I love the ride, vehicle handles very nicely.

Wish memory seats and automatic folding side view mirrors came with the technology package. Fix the blind spot and lastly, better MPG.

Very Disappointed
By SBlaine

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I was smitten with the Murano's good looks and equally good reputation. It hasn't lived up to my expectations. There is a rattling at the back of the vehicle (I think it's the liftgate) that the dealer hasn't been able to fix in two tries. There is also a buzzing sound that comes from the center control stack of instruments. This makes my new car a constant source of annoyance. There was an electrical problem with a window that was fixed on my first repair visit. I'd do anything to get out from under this car but it would be too expensive to do. I'm also not pleased with my mileage, just barely 18 mpg for hiway and city driving (about 50-50). Don't get suckered in by the sharp looks!

Sharp styling, good sound system.

Needs much better build quality. Improve the gas mileage.

Love At First Sight!
By deltagirl

2009 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My parent's car recently died, so I gave them my 2008 RX350. The Murano was aesthetically pleasing externally (a head turner) and with the 2009 internal upgrades it was hard to find any disqualifying features (save the orange display). Check it out yourself!

Comfortable seats, iPod integration, Voice activation, dual moon roof, pop-up cargo tray. I prefer comfort/luxury and QUIET rides rather than a total sport experience-the Murano delivers a quiet, smooth ride with enough "kick" to satisfy the need to "zoom" when needed. Easy to use Nav! Lots of tech!

Better gas mileage, auto-dimming side mirrors, longer standard warranty, more interior colors, bring back the vertical tail lights :-) Also a bit disappointed that after 3 weeks of searching (with prof help) I couldn't snag a Tinted Bronze or Merlot w/Beige Int; settled for Black/Beige--looks good!

Great Vehicle! Read my review!
By WAZ

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Waited awhile to write in review but first to clarify a couple things from others reviews... memory seats are available(LE model) & you don't have to use premium gas. I definitely agree with the folks that say this is a poor mans Lexus RX! What sold me: It is super quiet inside, very comfortable (I'm 6'2"), roomy front & back, all the goodies like intelligent key, backup camera, etc. I actually did little research on this vehicle before testing it out but once I drove it, it had my attention. I bought SL and added Leather, Tech, Performance Pkgs (& moonroof)... it saved me $3-$4k from buying LE and only diff is nav system, memory seats, rear-heated seats, ipod hookup... not worth 3k to me!

Luxurious feel & features at lower price than higher-end models like Lexus, Acura. Super quiet cabin, intelligent key, heated seats, bluetooth, backup camera, CVT smooth shifting, strong engine, overall strong feel.

Like everyone, I'd love if this vehicle got 30mpg! I've got 12000 miles on it and I'm getting about 22- 23 regularly. On a full tank all hwy miles I got 25-26. I use gas from a reputable station (Mobil). I've tried premium & there is slightly better mileage but not much. (Hope this review helped you)