Used 2007 Nissan Murano SUV Consumer Reviews - 111 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Murano SUV

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

My favorite vehicle ever!
By Marci

2007 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I traded in my 2007 Nissan Maxima (my baby!) for this 07 Murano. I live in Massachusetts and I needed a better vehicle for the cruel winters here. I've only had it for a week but my mother owns a 05 Murano and I have drove that plenty so I knew I would love my 07 Murano.

Love the heated leather seats, backup camera, Xenon headlights, CVT, keyless entry and gorgeous chrome wheels.

Ditch the cassette player. Needs an auxiliary input to be standard on the SL/SE! I will be buying one to have it installed, but my Maxima had a auxiliary input, so why doesn't the Murano?!

Nissan Murano Solid Car
By Anthony F

2007 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Have done all sorts of driving with this car, long and short trips very comfortable. One of my favorite cars.

cvt transmission, seat comfort, interior space, ride.

not having to use premium fuel.

Love my Murano
By Dube

2007 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've had my Murano for a year and a half. Love the ride, room and reliability. You must rotate tires ever 5000 miles, I learned the hard way. Little hard on gas 15.5 in L.A. 21-22 on the hyway. Like the back-up cam., great for parking. Heat and air great with the hi speed fan. Great radio, love the sunroof. Leather nice, but I hear the 09 is much better. Brakes do squeak in reverse,I knew this when I bought it, it is annoying. Headlights don't seem to be to bright on low beam no matter how you adjust them. Ride is good a little hard, but still not bad, handles great. 4wd works great and will go threw some deep snow, I'm from Maine. Love unlocking the car without the key and starting it.

Keyless entry,great air,comfy, lots of room,Reliable, backup camera nice for parking. Radio and cd nice, 4wd awesome, no shift transmission is very smooth,sets up high, can see the road good, love the sunroof and the full power package.

Hard on gas in the city, squeaky brakes in reverse,low beam headlights need to be better. Rotate,Rotate the tires,a little softer ride. On keyless entry receiver you can open the windows, I hate this because I've gone out to get in the car and the windows will be open,happens when in my pocket.

Best choice in the same class
By Chittapoo

2007 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Own the car for 2.5 years now. Everything works well. Not a single problem. Engine runs well, has enough power for all situation. CVT transmission is smooth. Really happy.

Our car came with a premium package. Xenon headlight, leather seats, mp3 player. For the same amount of money, it has more features and toys than all the competitor. Almost like you bought a luxury SUV.

A couple more power outlets (especially in the back) will be great. It came with a single outlet in the front.

A fully competent crossover
By AutoJunkie

2007 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Having lived with my Murano for 3 years, I felt it was time to report in. My Mo is factory spec, no aftermarket upgrades. 06/07 models are truly the best years. Significant styling changes to the exterior/interior in 05 boost class and elegance. While 06/07 models benefited from increased sound deadening and are free of most early glitches. I'm always test driving cars and IMHO the 1G Murano still stacks up well against modern competitors, a testament to Nissan's forward thinking and sound design back in 03. Only modern amenities missing are Bluetooth and Aux/iPod interfaces. The Murano strikes a good balance between sport, practicality and comfort. I plan to keep my Mo around for a while.

MPG: I get 23 comb. and 25-27 on the highway at 70mph; Cargo space: A whopping 83 cu ft w/ fold flat seats; backup cam: a necessity given poor rear visibility; HID: bright and clear but a sharp cutoff; AWD: very sure footed in the snow; Reliability: just reg. maint. in 40K miles.

NVH: engine noisy during accel. and road noise above 60mph. Chassis: Too much flex = head toss on rough roads, even w/ softer SL suspension. Performance: CVT prog. for eco., need to floor it to move it; NAV: poor UI but good accuracy. Stereo: Factory Bose has poor bass response, even w/ sep. woofer.