Used 2006 Nissan Murano SUV Consumer Reviews - 128 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Murano SUV

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Long time Nissan owner
By Chris

2006 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is a very nice riding car. Handles well on poor driving surfaces. Gas mileage is not what I would like, but I've been driving a 4cyl Altima for the last 12 years. One poor feature is passenger side mirror visibility. Windows are tinted & headrest are very large. I had to install fisheye mirrors to improve field of vision. Other than that the Murano is a great buy.

Flat folding rear seats, dual temperature settings.

Poor passenger side view mirror visibility.

my m
By mary

2006 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Fun car love to drive . Does make noise when in reverse.Interior design not very practical(for me).Other than that is a lovely car

Love the looks,audio display,interior color.

No place for lady's purse? Very inconvenient when the passenger seat is occupied.

Cant believe I waited this long
By BaconRx7

2006 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I worked for Nissan from 03-05, and during that time owned a 04 Maxima SE with all the bells and whistles. Drove the Murano back then and fell in love, just had to wait till my lease was up, boy am I happy. Picked up a SL AWD, with touring package, all I can say is WOW. I’m a huge fan of the styling, amazed with the color display and reverse camera (didn’t know it had it till I picked it up). The ride is great; gas mileage so far is nearly identical to my maxima. And the Lumbar is so much better then the maxima. I’m still in the industry, working for a Cadillac dealer, so I get the chance to see and drive a lot of vehicles. Muranos the best!!

Functional lumbar support, CVT transmission, the Color display and Reverse camera! L.E.D taillights are also great! The Intelligent key is also super nice feature. Everything about the Murano is my favorite feature

Change to the pushbutton start like the new Altima’s, Heated steering wheel like in the Maxima’s DPP, Exhaust note like the Infinity FX. Mostly minor things, just features I think would make the Murano even better.

Bought this for my wife, she loves it!
By DW

2006 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My wife is in love with this car. I got this for her as a surprise and did not go wrong. I am jealous because I drive a Montana mini-van. The Murano is the best car I have ever owned and a fantastic value. CVT is a smooth driving experience. I am 6'2 and love the leg and hip room.

Heated seats. Intelligent key. 18" Wheels. CVT. Rear-view camera. Memory seats.

More cargo space needed. To expensive to add a hitch.

The best after 50 years of driving cars
By Laccaro

2006 Nissan Murano SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Had a 1999 jeep grand cherokee that gas mileage was 17 to 18 all the time. I am hard to please. I have a 2004 turbo Porsche with 444 hp. I looked at the suvs. that are out there. Took me 9 months. The Nissan Murano was just the best. Period. I have been around cars and have flagged races for years all over the country and have owned MGS to Delornes. Edmunds says the cvt trany saps power. I don't think he has driver the transmission. Quality is out standing. Everything fits and it all works as they say it should. If you want a good suv try one of these. A test drive will sell you as it did me.

Power plant, transmission, storage area, and the quality of the was the Murano is built. 25 mpg for a suv is outstanding, I get 22 in the city.

They need to do better on the cloth material. Go leather its great and worth the money.