Used 2006 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews - 128 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Murano

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Love My Murano!
By ndee

2006 Nissan Murano SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I love my car, and I tell everyone! I get asked how I like it by interested strangers and tell them about the 26 MPG highway (22 city - I drive less aggressively than most though) people seem surprised that is gets the same MPG as my maxima did. My friends called it the YAV - Yuppie Assault Vehicle until I took it camping. Don't let the leather seats fool you - the Murano handled the dirt roads, streams and beach as well as my mom's Jeep! I can't wait to get a tow-bar to pull the toys. This is my 2nd Murano I upgraded from a 2wdS to the 4wdSE and will drive it as long as it goes!

CVT, keyless ignition!

The front grille has a problem with the chrome coming off the plastic. I have to get it replaced (on warranty) about once a year. It happened on my other Murano too.

Mostly Awesome
By TallBoy

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have the 2006 SL AWD. I test drove a lot of smaller 5 doors including the Nissan Rogue which would suit my active lifestyle. It's unfortunate that no manufacturer has figured out how to make a comfortable car for tall people. The Murano has comfortable leg room; but the seats fall just a little short in leg support. I get about 19 mpg average and up to 22 mpg. I bought it at Mossy Nissan in El Cajon- the sales team is extremely slippery- be careful. Although I still got a somewhat fair price- they lacked integrity.

The CVT is plenty responsive. I use the cruise control a lot to maximize mileage; but when I'm near idiots on the road who can't pick a speed, the performance setting on the CVT will generally blow their doors off!

Adjustable leg rests on the seats (like BMW).

Love My Murano!!!
By PBRAUN

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Best SUV I have ever owned! Have had it 2 years, and am drooling over the new one! Can't see myself without a Murano ever again. Tranny is great, good gas mileage, hauls my toys very nicely (4 wheelers, snowmobiles, waverunners) and my dogs love it. I average 20 MPG, around 23 on the freeway on trips, with fairly aggresive driving. Highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking!

CVT, CVT, CVT! Also the styling is great, and the engine is just right.

Well, I guess maybe a little beefier stereo, and better gas mileage would always be nice. But low 20s is fairly reasonable for an SUV the way I drive!

Why not a Murano
By BigBlue

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We have had a Nissan Murano since December of 2005. The car is excellent for road trips. I have taken three teenagers, 15, 18, 19 on several road trips in the past two years and have not heard complaints from the back seat. We find gas mileage on the highway averages around 26mpg, 28 if its really easy driving. Around town we find this to be the perfect urban SUV. INterior is very nice the dash is easy to use and the handling is outstanding. Similar to our old maxima. Cargo space is quite good, see 3 teenagers, 2 adults road trip, everyone brought a suitcase and a couple of coolers. I plan to drive this until the wheels fall off.

Handling, gas mileage, interior comfort. Good acceleration.

Impressive Vehicle
By ERSAN E.

2006 Nissan Murano SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is an impressive SUV for its value. I was planing to buy Benz or BMW but I am glad I kept my 20,000 bucks in my pocket and got more from my Murano than those vehicles offer. Excellent comfort, service and performance. It sticks to the ground on snowy and icy road conditions. Interior design is very attractive and CVT shift is the most interesting feature you can experience and only at Nissan vehicles. I am glad that I test drove this vehicle that day and bought it. Extremely recommended.

CVT, interior design, performance on slippery road conditions esp. on snow and ice, reliability