Used 2006 Nissan Murano SUV Consumer Reviews - 128 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Murano SUV

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Surpassed my expectations
By gag

2006 Nissan Murano SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

It was my dream car, and it really has been a great experience. It's fun to drive. I got the SE model at the end (was planning on SL) and love it. Though more common nowadays, it still makes people gawk. Very spacious, and the power delivered when you push the pedal is amazing, with no transmission jerking.

MP3 Bose system. BiXeon lights (very classy). Looks, it is a beautiful SUV, and still unique, no matter how many other manufacturers try to copy it. Dual climate controls.

A/C controls on steering wheel. Heated seats std at least on the pricier SE. BOSE system is very noisy when changing CDs. In shuffle mode if you skip goes to next track when you want it to look for a track random. Add a few inches for + cargo space. Revise center LATCH. Recirculate air without AC on

Most gorgeous perfect car on the road
By Murano Lover!!

2006 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Fun to drive, head turning, comfortable, carefree (because of the navigation and keyless entry) no more searching for your keys in your purse, I wish my house had this too! Camera when backing up, no worries about running someone over, smooth drive, easy to handle, DVD player for the 2yr old, awesome bose stereo and 6 cd holder, I am in Love with this car!!

dvd player, camera, navigation, stereo system, keyless entry, black leather interior, heated seats, dual climate control and the CRT

I think that you could never get better than this car, I can't imagine ever wanting to give it up!

Best Suv
By gene

2006 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car replaced my 2000 Lexius Rx300. The Lexus was a great car, but I like the Murano even better. I don't think the Lexus is worth $10,000 more, same price maybe I would have gone back to Lexus.Just completed a 3000 mile I95 trip down and back to Florida and got 23 mpg fully loaded and high speed. Unlike others I like the metal finishes on the inside. Gives a high tech and cool feeling. Great seats and I LOVE the rear camera.Holds a ton of stuff. 18 inch tires give the vehicle great height, but still easy to get in and out of and I am only 5.6.

rear camera, auto folding rear seats, lots of dc outlets, chrome bumper protector on rear.

Only thing I think that can be improved are the windshield wipers, seem to streak a lot

Fantastic
By suezeman

2006 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We were going to buy a infinite, but decided to get the Murano, and glad we did, we enjoy the space and the ride and comfort. Plus I have had more people ask me what kind of SUV it is and I'm so pleased with it I tell them a lot.

The dual A/C the dual heated seats. the radio everything is fantastic. I really like the adjustable brake and gas peddle since I'm short.

Need to be able to start the car before you leave your home.

Could be the best SUV of all
By Al in Denver

2006 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The Murano is close to perfection, compared to any other SUV,except for just a couple aggravating things. It drives and handles amazingly well, but rides like a truck. It is fun to drive, has an extremely comfortable and versatile interior with many clever features, but exclude the dashboard from that. The engine and CVT transmission are pure delight... smooth, quiet, powerful, leaves you always feeling like you are in command. And, it is extremely responsive except that it feels a little slow off the line... mostly an illusion. The seats are fantastic, and unlike most Japanese vehicles, you can adjust them to accommodate tall people with long legs. Visibility is very poor to the rear.

Sure handling, quiet, smooth, fun to drive, with lots of power. Whether on a dirt road or running 80 in traffic, you feel in total control. Wonderful interior comfort and features, some are positively clever.

Please please give it a more supple ride - it rides like a Durango I once had (NOT a good thing). Looking back, you see a wall where there should be a window, making lane changes aggravating and dangerous. And, fix that adolescent dashboard; it looks like it came from a 1986 Pontiac Grand Prix.