Used 2005 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews - 279 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Murano

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

love it / hate it
By Amy

2005 Nissan Murano SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I still love the look of this vehicle, the comfort and the ride (when it is working properly) However, I have had to replace the entire exhaust system, 2 wheel bearings, numerous tie rod ends, breaks, calipers and discs, VDC sensor at over $300, and I can't even remember all the other things. Now I have a broken drivers seat, rear wiper motor died, and another tie rod end. This is over $1,000. Not to mention the tires are replaced every year at a cost of $1,000. It is at the dealers every month minimum of $500 every time and I am sick of it!

comfort and features

many of the problems are common and should be on a recall by Nissan especially the broken seat bracket

Car totally died at 16000 miles
By NOnissan

2005 Nissan Murano SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I leased this car brand new, at 16k it cost $1500+ to fix SLUDGE in the engine--warrantee did not cover. Then ALTERNATOR died, had to have the car towed TWICE, once i had to pay for a new battery because Nissan refused to look beyond a dead batter as cause for car dying on highway-- after SECOND tow, they replaced alternator which was covered by warantee. Battery, tows, were NOT covered. I will NEVER buy another Nissan!! Company has poor product, even worse customer service.

Quality not there
By Wildwest

2005 Nissan Murano S AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought Murano after many GM's. Like looks and performance, at 34000 miles rear brakes, completely worn out, metal to metal, too small for vehicle. Gas filler neck very rusty, very early, poor galvanization. In 4th year,at 40000 miles, chrome on Grill peeled and muffler broke off (rusted off) at inlet pipe. $400. just for muffler, from dealer. Poor quality on Grill chrome and muffler. Bought wife used Toyota RAV4, absolutely no problems. Phoned Nissan about quality problems, they said out of warranty, too bad. I believe some of these problems are due to Cleveland winters,but other cars don't have these problems.

Exterior looks, movable pedals.

Larger rear brakes,better quality on Grill chrome,galvanization of gas filler neck and exhaust system.

I was pleased until recently
By ds foley

2005 Nissan Murano SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have loved this car since I purchased it! I am in sales and live in my car during the day and had no problems until the past six months. It has been noisy for quite a while but after changing the tires and both hub assemblies we determined that it was the transmission. This car has 130,000 miles on it and is a 2005. I've probably had noise for at least 30,000 miles. The dealer is the only one that can do the work and it's expensive. I still don't know what I'm going to do. I've already put a lot of money into it this year. I'm so disappointed. I've owned a number of cars and have never had a problem of this magnitude at such a low mileage.

The look and the size is just perfect for all of the hockey equipment that I transport with my son and his friends.

I don't know. I had purchased a warranty that took me to 100K but don't know that it would have helped based on the things that I've read.

Not a long term car - too bad
By KLBliss

2005 Nissan Murano SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Loved my Murano from day 1 but am learning the hard way it won't go long term without some heavy costs. Currently @53,000 miles. Driver's seat rail collapsed just after warranty expired. Nissan USA forced dealership to cover the repair without cost - it clearly wasn't normal wear & tear. Now electrical systems are acting up - even when not it in use the Bose 6 disc CD player shuffles discs when the ignition is turned off. Front windows roll down when the remote is used to unlock the car. Occasionally, a motor under the passenger seat triggers and whines when I turn the ignition off.

The style, size and power. Mileage is okay but less than promised...even when driven optimally and well maintained. At $1.35/gal - who cares. At $4.00/gal - it makes a BIG difference!

Plastic interiors scratch and mar easily especially the door panels.