Used 2005 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews - 282 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Murano

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

taken for a ride
By where to start

2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I initially enjoyed the car until it began to have problems at about 58,000 miles replaced airflow meter $900, then the kicker, at 94,000 miles had to replace the CVT transfer case at $4500. had a 100,000 mile warranty from purchase...it refused to cover the transfer case. The car is very costly!!! I now owe more on the car than what it is worth.

Love the way it handles, the AWD is great!

Too costly to own, repairs are atrociously expencive,extended warranties are fairly useless!!! Gas milage is horribly disappointing. Best is 19.5 per the car's display calculation. nose/hood paint job could be more durable.

Wish I could start over
By Denise

2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought new in 2005 and after 3 years was angry about purchase. How many recalls can one vehicle have?? So many interior rattles that I can't hear myself think. Squeaking brakes don't help much. When the exterior door handle FELL OFF, after 5 years ownership,I gave in. I thought I'd pass this expensive vehicle on to my daughter, but love her too much.

like the smooth acceleration. gas mileage in city is about 18-19 mpg.

Fix those rattles! Better assembly the FIRST time - SO NO MORE RECALLS!

Broken Driver's Seat
By Neveragain

2005 Nissan Murano S Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Wow! I thought I had bought a fantastic, classy SUV. Always loved the styling. First Nissan. 6 months after I bought the vehicle the driver seat breaks a mount. The seat is flapping in the breeze. I join in a recall campaign with the NHSTA that closes without resolution because not enough people were killed or maimed. Nissan offers some assistance, but almost acts like we should expect failures like this as consumers. Last Nissan!

love it / hate it
By Amy

2005 Nissan Murano SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I still love the look of this vehicle, the comfort and the ride (when it is working properly) However, I have had to replace the entire exhaust system, 2 wheel bearings, numerous tie rod ends, breaks, calipers and discs, VDC sensor at over $300, and I can't even remember all the other things. Now I have a broken drivers seat, rear wiper motor died, and another tie rod end. This is over $1,000. Not to mention the tires are replaced every year at a cost of $1,000. It is at the dealers every month minimum of $500 every time and I am sick of it!

comfort and features

many of the problems are common and should be on a recall by Nissan especially the broken seat bracket

Car totally died at 16000 miles
By NOnissan

2005 Nissan Murano SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I leased this car brand new, at 16k it cost $1500+ to fix SLUDGE in the engine--warrantee did not cover. Then ALTERNATOR died, had to have the car towed TWICE, once i had to pay for a new battery because Nissan refused to look beyond a dead batter as cause for car dying on highway-- after SECOND tow, they replaced alternator which was covered by warantee. Battery, tows, were NOT covered. I will NEVER buy another Nissan!! Company has poor product, even worse customer service.