Used 2005 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews - 279 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Murano

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Nissan murano SE 05
By UNKNOWN 05

2005 Nissan Murano SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I love this car but a 53,000 miles driver seat is not working, the repair is more than $1,000.00; same thing happened with the power window; only 3 windows are working and I need to get the master power window, and brakes have some sound, I went to the mechanic and he told me that they are fine. So now I don't know where this sound is coming from. w

style and nose sound.

A Nice SUV
By drift2u

2005 Nissan Murano S AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just bought it and drove it home from the dealership. It has 56k on it. I really like how high you sit. I drove an Outlander (Mitsubishi, 4 cylinder, AWD) for years. What a difference the 6 cylinder makes, WOW! Love it! Trip computer shows an average of 19.8 mpg. Wondering what I will get on the hwy. I was only getting 22 with my previous car, so I am hopeful that this will get close to the same. I do a lot of hwy travel, so I may get a little better gas mileage!

Individual climate control, adjustable foot pedals, driving position, POWER! This car just looks good in my opinion. My niece helped me pick it out after driving a Ford Fusion(SEL AWD). No comparison even though the Ford had a lot more features.

Can't think of any right now.

taken for a ride
By where to start

2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I initially enjoyed the car until it began to have problems at about 58,000 miles replaced airflow meter $900, then the kicker, at 94,000 miles had to replace the CVT transfer case at $4500. had a 100,000 mile warranty from purchase...it refused to cover the transfer case. The car is very costly!!! I now owe more on the car than what it is worth.

Love the way it handles, the AWD is great!

Too costly to own, repairs are atrociously expencive,extended warranties are fairly useless!!! Gas milage is horribly disappointing. Best is 19.5 per the car's display calculation. nose/hood paint job could be more durable.

Wish I could start over
By Denise

2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought new in 2005 and after 3 years was angry about purchase. How many recalls can one vehicle have?? So many interior rattles that I can't hear myself think. Squeaking brakes don't help much. When the exterior door handle FELL OFF, after 5 years ownership,I gave in. I thought I'd pass this expensive vehicle on to my daughter, but love her too much.

like the smooth acceleration. gas mileage in city is about 18-19 mpg.

Fix those rattles! Better assembly the FIRST time - SO NO MORE RECALLS!

Broken Driver's Seat
By Neveragain

2005 Nissan Murano S Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Wow! I thought I had bought a fantastic, classy SUV. Always loved the styling. First Nissan. 6 months after I bought the vehicle the driver seat breaks a mount. The seat is flapping in the breeze. I join in a recall campaign with the NHSTA that closes without resolution because not enough people were killed or maimed. Nissan offers some assistance, but almost acts like we should expect failures like this as consumers. Last Nissan!