Used 2005 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews - 280 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Murano

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Superb midsize SUV
By Jhatfie

2005 Nissan Murano S AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought our new Nissan Murano S AWD about 3 weeks ago. Came with the power seat package and few other extra's for $27k. We test drove several other SUV's including the Liberty, Durango, Tribeca, Explorer, 4 runner, etc and although the Murano offers no third row, it is very comfortable, easily outhandles all of the other SUV's by a wide margin, offer seamless and very strong acceleration with the superb CVT transmission and gets respectable mpg. Currently which over the first 1k miles is at 22mpg. Not bad for a 250hp SUV. Although this SUV is not made for off road activity, it's AWD is well suited for slick/wet roads. Best vehicle I have personally owned to date.

Strong acceleration, well thought out interior, good mpg for SUV, excellent handling and elegant exterior design.

None.

Great Car
By azmurano

2005 Nissan Murano S Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

When I decided I wanted to buy an SUV I was stuck beween the Pilot and Murano. I decided to buy the murano because of both the gas milage and the standard features. The murano has tons of standard features that most other SUV do not offer in their base model. Such as alloy wheels and the computer system, dual air, wrapped steering wheel and over sized 18" tires. I love the way it drives, I feel like I am back in my old Altima. Its a SUV with class! I feel like I am driving a very expensive vehicle not a base model Nissan. The CVT transmission drives great, just wish it gave a little more power!

Standard 18" alloy wheels and the smooth CVT transmission.

The roach looking mast attena needs to be internal.

sporty suv
By colette smith

2005 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

handles like a sports car especially around curves. gets great gas mileage for an suv

sporty design and an awesome interior. very comfortable ride.

there seems to be a slight blind spot

2005 murano
By james

2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

this is our second murano our first was in a accident so we bought another one nissan makes a great product the drive and styling is wonderfull the gas mileage is really our only dissapointment it is alot lower than sticker says but all the other goodies make up for that the technology package is worth the cost this car goes when you ask it too

technology package -navigation - the overall look and feel of car is great copper color is #1 we love it

please do something to improve gas mileage

Good car
By Dobs

2005 Nissan Murano SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We love our Murano, because of it's reliability and strong engine. We would buy another one if they would change the seat design. After long drives, it becomes very uncomfortable. Other than that, it is a great car for a family, couple or single.

Durability and reliability.