Used 2005 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews - 280 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Murano

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Love It!
By Linda

2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I just picked up my new 2005 Murano 3 days ago. After owning 2 Lexus RX 300's, I was hoping I wouldn't be disappointed. I had nothing to worry about! This one is a gem. Not only do I find the car pleasing to the eye, it has a luxurious feel inside and out. As compared to my Lexus, it has even more "toys" and so far I am getting slightly better gas mileage (19mpg...all city driving so far). I'd highly encourage anyone shopping for this size SUV to test drive a Murano. Fot the price, I don't think you can beat it.

Love the look, the dual climate controls, the adjustable brakes and accelerator and the adjustable back seats. In actuality, I love all of it and feel like hugging my Murano every time I drive it :-)

The only thing might be the gas mileage. It is pretty much as promised and better than my Lexus, but wish it could be even BETTER!

oh what a feeling...MURANO
By big buckeye nut

2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

One awesome crossover SUV...wanted a reliable crossover or SUV that is comfortable for a big person to drive...not only is it comfortable inside, but height lets you literally slide in and out of vehicle. Ride is very smooth, peppy engine...almost got a ticket the first day! Exterior design is very unique and attention grabbing...not like every other car in the parking lot! AWD SL w/ Touring pkg gives you everything you would want. Controls are easy to use and in good reach and location. Seats are very comfortable in front...ok in back. BOSE system is absolutely fantastic. Had it 10 days and just can't find anything not to like! Nissan quality!

Intellikey system, BOSE sound system, large tilt degree on steering column, height of vehicle and ease of exit/entrance, seat and brake pedal memory feature, pep and style!

improve city gas mileage. I'm avg 17 city/hwy which is below estimates!

Nissan Murano
By Susan Arbogast

2005 Nissan Murano S AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I am not a "car" person, but I love my Murano. It is comfortable, roomy, I am able to haul things in it. I really love it. Gas mileage is ok, though I don't get the mileage the sticker said I would. Overall, I am extremely happy with this car, and it's very good looking too.

comfortable ride luxurious interior controls on steering wheel

My Murano is a little slow on take off. Other than that, no improvements recommended

My Little Gas Guzzler
By Vicki

2005 Nissan Murano S Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

As you can tell, I love the vehicle. The day after I purchased it, gas went up thirty cents a gallon and now even more after Hurricane Katrina. If my crystal ball had been out of the shop, I probably would have purchased a vehicle that gets more than the 15.4 mpg I am getting in the city.

I really enjoy being able to see ahead on the road when there are traffic jams.

Better gas mileage

We made right vehicle choice
By DaveM

2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just purchased 05 Murano SL AWD after ext research/test drives, in Volvo/Lexus/Honda/Subaru 06 Tribeca. Vehicle so far beyond expectations after having for approx 2 weeks. Amenities SUPER, ride comfort exceeds others, handling supurb, no exterior noise, gas mileage avg 20.9, not had on trip yet to see mileage. For AWD SUV we're thrilled with mpg so far, will get better as engine loosens. HIGHLY suggest buying this SUV, if you have couple kids,think it over 1st, perfect for 2 people and family of 3-4 tops. Test drove the above 4 seperate times before our final decision. For the $$$ this SUV a HIDDEN TREASURE, we owned Honda/Toyota SUV's. Great product Nissan! Dave & Deb from NE Pa

Get SL Touring Pkg, gave us all we need, we added floor mats, splash guards, cargo protector,roof rail crossbars, sunroof deflector. You can't beat leather seats and they are headed. The package speaks for the features we like, has it all. Intelligent Key is ABSOLUTELY a MUST, you will love it.

we suggest a more fuel efficient engine. With gas prices rising today you could really sell this vehicle more if you could get more mpg out of it. We're suppose to be the most resourceful country in the world,then improve the gas engine in your vehicles, you'll sell millions more than anyone else.