Used 2005 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews - 281 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Murano

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

It's Special
By Dodge Peters

2005 Nissan Murano S AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I was looking at the Dodge Charger or the Murano, everytime I saw the Murano on the road I glanced and took a second look. I didn't see many chargers on the road but I like it just as much. I went to test drive the Murano and simply felt like this was the car/truck for me. High seating, responsive handling and comfort sold this deal for me. Coming from a Dodge Intrepid I needed something just as big as the Intrepid or I just didn't feel good driving.

I'm not sure that there is a single feature that I like best because I have the base model. So I pretty much have all the standard gadgets. I guess being able to store AM as well as FM stations without having to change the band setting is a good feature.

I think the base model interior is childish and basic. I think a a sunroof should be standard on all models and a rear cargo area cover should be standard as well even though the windows are tinted.

2005 Murano SE FWD
By Challruss

2005 Nissan Murano SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I love to drove my Murano. It corners well, is quiet and feels like a car, not a SUV. I don't like how loud the air conditioning system is, the stiff ride when encountering bumps or the fact that there is no power to charge my cell phone when the car is off.

Interior design. It look good and is roomy. My husband and long legged son are both very comfortable in it compared to the GMC Envoy I used to drive.

Plugs that work when the car is off, less stiff ride, no autolocking system.

the best
By richard

2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My job takes me on the road and the Murano is a second office for me, great place to bring my customers too.

this is the coolest vehicle ever
By wolfy

2005 Nissan Murano S Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Fuel economy for me with a fwd has been a consistet 22-23mpg. Not sure what others are saying about cvt sluggish in traffic, as when stomping on the gas you could get whiplash...awesome get up and go. ALso a very smooth ride with great handling ,not to mention a gorgeous vehicle. In my 25 years of driving and after 15,000 miles on my murano, this vehicle is an A ++ !

stylish, comf ride , awesome handling,great mpg

Just a couple minor details :Chrome inside could be a bit classier. Front cupholders need to hold 2 large drinks and center console should open from either side, rather than just from driver side.

I love my Murano
By Scott

2005 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had my Murano just over a year now. I truly love this car. It is very comfortable inside and easy to drive. The CVT makes it drive like it is on Ski's. Everyone that rides in my car comments on how comfortable the seats are and how refined the interior is.

Convenient steering wheel audio controls. Large storage in the center console. Modern interior styling.

Would be nice to have this car available as a Hybrid getting 30+ mpg. I am currently getting 18.9-19.1 in the city and 25-26 on the highway. The integrated XM Radio is too expensive at $600.00 installed.