Just because you want a car that's exciting, refined and stylish doesn't mean you have to pay for a true luxury sedan. The 2017 Nissan Maxima is a step above the typical family sedan experience but still reasonably affordable. Its modestly sized interior and non-luxury badge may be issues given its price, but we ultimately think you're going to like the niche-oriented Maxima.
- Well-made and attractive cabin rivals those of luxury-branded sedans
- Easy-to-use tech controls
- Abundant features for the money
- Sharp driving dynamics for a midsize sedan
- Top crash scores.
- Backseat and trunk aren't very spacious
- High price given the car's size and Nissan badge
- All-wheel drive is not available
- SR trim level's firm ride
- Unusual steering response and effort.