Used 2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Cool car
By Tom Lentz

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Very reliable sporty car with very little issues. Roomy inside and comfortable seats

48000 Transmission fail update
By Bernard

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is a beautiful car but I question the reliability of the CVT transmission. My car has 48000 miles on it, service as recommended no warning whatsoever the transmission failed the factory warranty expired 12-19-2015 the day before the transmission failed . Nissan tried to make me pay for the repair which was $4,500. I had to contact Nissan corporation and go to arbitration to resolve this matter after a time-consuming ordeal they agreed to fix the vehicle. I am Not sure if I'm planning on keeping this vehicle the CVT transmission is definitely a flawed design. I wish Nissan would stand behind their products I don't know if I would ever buy another Nissan product moving forward.
So I'm still driving the vehicle since the new transmission was installed. I have put 5496 miles on the vehicle since install and some days it concerns me. I'll keep you posted.

Maxima is what it is
By Rob Hardy

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Good car. Better than the 2007 TL that I traded in for. Good ride and comfort. Nothing is wearing out. Only one problem is the front drivers seat is loose and can only be fixed with new parts, which are too expensive so it will stay as it is. Doesn't effect driving, just annoying sometimes.

CVT Technology and the 2011 Maxima SV
By labower

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The 2011 Maxima SV is an overall great car. Not only is the sports sedan great for people with kids who just can't bring themselves to travel around in a minivan, but it handles well, gets great gas mileage, and makes driving less of a chore and more of an adventure. Really, I love to find an excuse, any excuse, to drive this car. And it has plenty of room in the trunk for groceries, and for my large dog (who has not quite gotten used to the fact that we no longer have a hatchback vehicle and she can't just ride in there). I don't know how I survived without a dual sunroof, heated and cooled seats, or a heated steering wheel. And the pickup...when you press the gas, it GOES.

I have to admit, I'm all about the cosmetic aspects. However, this is probably the fastest vehicle I have ever had. I really like the lack of hesitation when you accelerate, it takes curves well, it is just overall a fun vehicle to drive - and you look good doing it! MPG is great; I drive roughly 300 miles/week city/highway and only have to fill up once a week. Premium is recommended, but not required, which gives you some flexibility there for the times you may be a little shorter on cash.

Please, either fix or get rid of the CVT technology. Nissan knows it is a problem in several of their vehicles during previous years, but will not admit that the 2011 Maximas have issues, too. At 76,000 miles I found myself replacing (yes, replacing) my transmission. I contacted corporate multiple times, but Nissan refused to admit that anything was wrong with their product, leaving me to fight with my aftermarket warranty company to cover the $3400 replacement cost. If you choose to purchase a Maxima, whether new OR used/certified preowned, do yourself a favor and make sure you've got money in the bank to cover a transmission, because chances are, you're going to need it prematurely!

My 2011 Maxima
By davejohnky

2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've had it long enough to ensure a quantify review. I've had no issues with anything in or in the car.
Mine is maxed out and is a pure pleasure to drive. No Mechanical issues whatsoever.

My has the sport suspension so its a bit bumpy on poor roads, on good roads its a dream.
The Trans in this car is not for performance, its to save on gas, its NOT a sports car regardless of what Nissan says, cvt cant be a sports transmission. I find myself using the paddle shifters much of the time.

Interior is really good, and exterior makes for one beautiful car.

If Nissan would put 4x drive in these cars they would sell many more. Improve or replace the transmission with the one the Infiniti comes with. Better yet, put the Infiniti power plant and drive train in this baby and watch sales skyrocket. Because of the nearly 300 hp, torque steering is an issue. 4x drive would fix this. Put more clear coat on the front, bugs and rocks play hell with the front.