Used 2010 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Nissan Maxima

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

CVT Issue
By Ron A

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

For the MOST part I love this car, but recently while on a long trip I noticed a SERIOUS problem. When I pulled off the interstate for gas and came to a stop sign and attempted to accelerate from the sign and merge into traffic there was practically NO POWER. If there had been a truck or a car that was just a little bit closer to me there could have very easily been an accident. I brought it to my dealer as soon as I returned from my trip but they just reported to me that they could not reproduce the situation. SCARY! It has happened to me several times since!!

Power most of the time, backup camera, styling.

Need to address this SERIOUS CVT deficiency when trying to accelerate from a stand still after driving on the highway for an extended period of time.

Expensive oil change
By elstac4

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

First oil change, total shock, $89.00 are they kidding? Should be told when buying car, told it is special oil. I am going to ask other dealers what they charge.

pick up

regular oil

Best Car
By Larry Mathews

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned every in the $30,000 to $40,000 range. Nissan maxima has proven to be the best. Performance, driving, warranty and gas mileage. I own a 2010 with everything and it's a dream car to drive. I think the only car better is infinity. Maxima has redesigned this car with you in mind. The driver seat fits you like a race car. You feel very safe and secure. Gas mileage is okay as long as you don't get on it. All I can say is what a car. I'm very happy. Sincerely, Larry Mathews

Voice activation hands free phone. Individual air conditioned seats and dash. Leather interior. CVT Transmission. Bose XM Radio system. Back up camera. Car handling.

More leg room for taller people in front driver seat. Make cup holder open the correct way. It's passenger friendly right now. Vented rotors for better break life. Ford has a 305 HP that gets 33 miles per gallon. Why can't Nissan Maxima.

Recall Please
By Blu one

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

These cars have some real problems. Only have 1700 miles, and when the accelerator is pressed it sometimes does not go. This is a serious problem and if you have one you need to take it to the dealer.

Everything but the fact that it want go.

Get rid of CVT

I am in love with my new Maxima!
By Ehunter

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I just purchased my 2010 Maxima a few days ago, but since the remodel was introduced back in 2008 with the 2009 models, I have been in love. I traded in my 2008 Altima for this Maxima and have no regrets. While I loved the Alitma and it was a good drive, it doesn't even compare with how much fun the Maxima is to drive. I look forward to getting in the car and taking it for a spin! The 290 HP is amazing and blows other sedans away on the road. It's a smooth, comfortable ride. I was initially worried about the size, but coming from the Altima, I don't feel like it's much different in size. I liked having the different choices of packages and love the Sport package's 19" rims.

290 HP, Sport package options, exterior luxury appearance, Nissan customer service, reasonable price for great quality! Bluetooth works great and love having the option for Satellite radio without having to purchase the Technology package.

Better MPG on city roads, more "standard" options, more interior storage space, larger sunglass compartment, CD storage compartment (like Altima's)