Used 2010 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Nissan Maxima

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Three is a Charm - Part 2
By Third Timer

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Currently. 7500 miles & 10 weeks in service. I wrote my first review just after I had taken delivery of my car around may 25,2010. Here are some longer term impressions. First, the CVT transmission is something you have to get used to. Read the instruction Manual to fully explore its functionality and performance! Second, you do not need to use synthetic oil! Regular 5w-20 is all that is required. Only 2009 models required the fully synthetic oil. If the dealer tells you otherwise, call Nissan! He is lying! Third, this car is built more solidly than any I have ever owned! Fourth, you can get over $6000 of the msrp without even trying! This is a great car!

Engine performance, BOSE audio, rear window shade, AC driver seat, handling, body styling, many mistake it for a JAGUAR! Tinted side mirrors, heated steering wheel, keyless start/entry/lock. High value quotient!

Move the controls for the ventilated driver seat, rear window shade, and passenger heated seats to a more accessible location. Have the cup holder cover open towards the passenger seat. Better mileage, above 30 mpg, on highway. More wood trim on dashboard in front of passenger.

Bad Transmission
By Dave

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I really like this car however the CVT transmission has a flaw. It sometimes will not take off from a stop and the main problem with that is it just happens no warning signs or anything. Could be very dangerous if you pull out in traffic expecting your car to move and it decides not to! Car is at the dealership now with them trying to figure what is wrong. This car scares me and I only hope Nissan can assure me they have it fixed! It seems that this is a problem Nissan has had with the CVT for a while. I would not buy one until Nissan can prove the problem has been solved!

Iphone and Aux Audio system..
By et2aussie

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I really like everything about my maxima. Except that they only have a usb port to use with your mp3 player and if you have an iPod, it won't work. I have an iphone and won't work when I plug it to the audio system of my car.

Get the audio system to work with the Iphone

I love mine too!
By Karen

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I had been admiring this model for some time in a parking garage, so externally I already loved it, but then when I sat in one, I was "all in" visually. Shopped around looking at other models, then walked in to a dealership to test drive. Let me say I came from a older Honda CR-V which was practical but with no pizazz, so I was ready for something more "dynamic." The seat comfort is quite nice, love the sound system, the ride is quick (I love that!) when I need it be be, and smooth all the time. Prior to my SUV, I have owned some pretty nice luxury cars in the past, but I have to say this one has it all for me. I read every single review for this car on this site, which was helpful. Thanks!

Became quickly addicted to not having to fish out the keys from my handbag! Unlock door,(touch the handle) no key, start car, no key, re-lock door, no key! The music box recording all my CDs, love that.The handling of the car, the V-6 pick-up, the sleek look, the seat comfort. It's all great!

Drivers side mirror placement causes partial obstructed view during sharp left turns (as from a turn lane) Yes, and the cup holder cover could be turned the other way, but really. Otherwise, I have no suggestions.

Think Twice
By Bulova

2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I got the Maxima as a trade in at first the car was nice. Then things just started to happen. I noticed the fog lights would sweat when I washed the car. Then I noticed the drivers seat would tilt back when you take off. I also noticed that my rear bumper didn't fit right. And I also noticed a noise coming from the front of the car. And I called Nissan to see if the car was part of the recall and they told it wasn't. I took the car into the dealership and they said the noise I was hearing was part of the recall. So much for a car company knowing its vehicles.

Keyless Start

Nissan needs to improve on this value, the Maxima has poor resale value. I mean they slap I high price tag on a vehicle that doesn't hold it's value nor is safe to drive.