Used 2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Love my Max!
By Cathie

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We have owned Nissan's since 1987. Each year they get better. This one is the best by far. So comfortable! Great features and fun to drive~

Air conditioned seats. Heated steering wheel. Color! Styling. Horsepower. The stereo is AMAZING!

The only thing I miss is the "compass" in the rear view mirror to let me know what direction I am heading. (I am not the best with directions - thank goodness of GPS!)

DON'T BUY IT
By kay d.

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is the worst car I have owned. I should have kept my previous car. This car is good to look at but nissan compromised on quality with this car. I have been having mechanical problems since purchasing this vehicle and no one can seem to fix the problem. There is a thumping noise coming from the wheel area. The interior is missing simple things like coin compartment and sun/eye glass holder. I am short and feel it lacks head room. the seats are horrible and the air conditioning/heated driver seat is a joke. I am ready to trade in this vehicle in.

looks of the exterior of the car.

add simple features back to vehicle. lower the price on sv model, not worth the money.

Happy Nissan Owner
By Kurt

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my first Nissan and I must say that I'm in love. My previous two cars were a 2001 Mustang Bullitt and a 2003 VW Jetta GLI. I've been in many other cars and thus far the 2009 Maxima is my favorite. I actually look forward to running errands and driving to work! I bought the sports package and while some reviews say it's a harsh ride, I disagree. The ride is excellent, handling is as good if not better than my VW, and road noise is very minimal. The bluetooth works great with my iPhone 3GS, and while I haven't needed to use the GPS much what little I have used has been spot on. The acceleration is great for 290hp and a heavy car. I was told once to drive it like you stole it! :)

The electronics, handling, hp, comfort, and the body is gorgeous! Seamless iPhone integration! The people at Chevy Chase Nissan were outstanding which made the whole buying experience that much better. My wife loves the car and is just great all the way around!

The iPhone adapter integrates but does not charge my iPhone. Sure gas mileage could be better but what do you expect with 290hp?

change has finally come!
By gary

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I own a 1991 maxima which was the forefather of the 4dr sports car. I only have 35000 mile on it to date. I never thought there would ever be another maxima that would compare until now. Its not only better but it just blows everything away in its category. I may have had an old school vehicle but I forgot to mention I also own a 2008 acura mdx and a honda accord accord v6. Honda has its homework cut out for itself. Its value holding segment has finally met its maker and its time for the honda salesman just standing there saying over and over its a honda and it holds its value, poppycock! This maxima just does it all for a lot less then what it competes with. I don't need exotic badging....

seating,great looks in and out, radio, large sunroof

all wheel drive option a bit more horses to break that 300hp segment

SIMPLY OUTSTANDING
By Black MAX

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned 5 Black Maximas. The last one was 2006. It was a great car but BORING. The 2009 is just flat fun to drive. It is loaded with all the toys; rides a little harder than the 2006 but it does give the sensation of a 4DSC. I just got back from the mountains and it handled like a dream. MPG was OK but the RUSH I got from pushing on the accelerator probably did not help. Looked at Infiniti G37, Lexus 250IS and 350 and Acura TL. Lexus had the best ride but with comparable features to the MAX it got very pricey. Infiniti did not have the room and Acura was Acura I'm just not quite that old yet. For the money the Max was the best value and gets MAXimum ratings on the driving FUNOMETER.

CVT; BOSE; NAV; BACK UP CAMERA; ACCELERATION; QUIET; Exterior design gets great compliments; Interior design, quality and creature comforts.

Paddle shifter and CVT is somewhat of a contradiction. Lose the paddle shifters. A real nit, but the channel selection button on the steering wheel is raised fairly high and I have hit it by accident on a number of occasion.