Used 2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

I Am Extremely Satisfied
By Big Busa

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is a beast! Love the power and the prowess. I love how she moves when I tell her to. My previous just thought about it. Guess you really cannot compare a Dodge Nitro and a Nissan Maxima but I must say, I LOVE THIS CAR. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a luxury car without the luxury price.

The body shape and the CVT transmission. Also, the VQ engine. POWER, POWER, POWER!!!

Sportier suspension option for the S model.

THIS CAR NEEDS HELP
By RAG

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

the car looks great, perhaps the reason I went for it, but it handles like crap. it consistently pulls (drifts to the right) and the dealer has tried, but has been able to do nothing to fix it. I must fight the car to stay straight and I am calling an attorney to do my best to get out of this car. The dealer is very receptive, but will not make any concessions. for a $35k car, it is NOT worth it!

Better than advertised!
By Mike G.

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car may not be a "4 door sports car" but it is a great combination of comfort and sport. I was looking for something quick and did not want to give up luxury and comfort. I found all in my Maxima. Great car, even better with huge discount and 0% financing for 5 years!

The cockpit is more Infiniti than an Infiniti (I know I traded in a 2008 G35x)! Style, Style, Style

Steering is not as tight as the G35x but still good.

Great car!!
By zip12

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased a '09 Maxima SV in black. Sweet car. Has all of the latest technology, a great ride, and is very comfortable.

exterior, driver's seat comfort, ride, acceleration, rear-view camera, push button start

auto dimming passenger mirror

A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING
By D Money

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my first brand new car, although I owned a 1992 Maxima-(loved it), 2007 maxima-(liked it). The 2009 Maxima is clearly the best of them all. Great performance and handling and fun to drive. Compared to the competitors you get more for your money with the Maxima. New features for 2009 Maxima include push start, paddle shifters, hard disc drive,ipod connection, backup cam (which should come with every vehicle, it makes parking so easy). It's a very balance car. One year later and I still turn Heads.

Backup cam, ipod connection, hard disc drive, push start, Bose, Nav, Heated seats & Steering wheel, excellent performance & handling, great mid- range acceleration.

AWD option, It doesn't need more horsepower but more torque (261>330), more leg room for second row, ipod connection only charges old ipods, voice Nav needs improving (you have to repeat yourself to many time) paddle shifters are not need (never had to use it).