Used 2009 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews - 140 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Maxima

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

4th Maxima is the Charm!
By TMINJ

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This 2009 is my 4th Maxima, (94,99 and 03) and by far the best. Have it for 6 months now. Handling is nice and the looks it gets are amazing as Maxima’s are not sold in Germany. Love the body lines and hood. Was not happy with the design of the 04-08 models so this one really grew on me. I actually prefer driving this car daily as opposed to my 2008 335I convertible. Double moonroof is excellent, but it will make some noises when turning sharp out of the driveway. Stereo, and interior comfort are excellent. Some difficulties seeing the back end of the car. Silver with Black Leather is a nice combination. Looking forward to my 5th Maxima in a few years. Nissan did this one right.

Stereo, interior comfort, exhaust note, heated and AC driver seat is awesome. Lots of bells and whistles for the price. Compared to a 3 series, which I also own, and this one wins hands down for an every day driver. I have owned lots of cars and this one is by far up there on my favorites list!

Fuel economy could be a little better, guess that is why there is a big gas tank. Blinkers are too far from the steering wheel due to paddle shifters. Wish it had the touch three blink blinkers like the Euro cars have. Other than that... Nissan did this car right!

I Am Extremely Satisfied
By Big Busa

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is a beast! Love the power and the prowess. I love how she moves when I tell her to. My previous just thought about it. Guess you really cannot compare a Dodge Nitro and a Nissan Maxima but I must say, I LOVE THIS CAR. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a luxury car without the luxury price.

The body shape and the CVT transmission. Also, the VQ engine. POWER, POWER, POWER!!!

Sportier suspension option for the S model.

THIS CAR NEEDS HELP
By RAG

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

the car looks great, perhaps the reason I went for it, but it handles like crap. it consistently pulls (drifts to the right) and the dealer has tried, but has been able to do nothing to fix it. I must fight the car to stay straight and I am calling an attorney to do my best to get out of this car. The dealer is very receptive, but will not make any concessions. for a $35k car, it is NOT worth it!

Better than advertised!
By Mike G.

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car may not be a "4 door sports car" but it is a great combination of comfort and sport. I was looking for something quick and did not want to give up luxury and comfort. I found all in my Maxima. Great car, even better with huge discount and 0% financing for 5 years!

The cockpit is more Infiniti than an Infiniti (I know I traded in a 2008 G35x)! Style, Style, Style

Steering is not as tight as the G35x but still good.

Great car!!
By zip12

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased a '09 Maxima SV in black. Sweet car. Has all of the latest technology, a great ride, and is very comfortable.

exterior, driver's seat comfort, ride, acceleration, rear-view camera, push button start

auto dimming passenger mirror