Used 2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 137 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Good Car!
By Larry

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Overall the Maxima is a good car. I came out of a BMW 550 so it was a little getting use too. The payment doesn't hurt as much! The CVT is strange in the beginning but is unnoticeable now. The car is deceiving, with the CVT you get the feeling that you are not going as fast as you actually are. Very roomy. Decent highway fuel mileage.

Navigation, iPod interface, key fob

Hard seats, XM traffic on NAV is useless, brakes are weak.

maximun fun
By bbmax09

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The wife and I were looking for a car to replace a VW Passat. We needed something that we both were comfortable driving.... I needed more headroom and wanted sporty performance, she wanted a four door that performed plus wasn't too big in parking lots. We tried the new VW CC and Passat, but the Maxima had more for the money. As a retired state trooper I'm used to handling cars. I tried abrupt 180 degree steering wheel inputs on the Maxima and it handled them perfectly. I don't plan on taking the Maxima out on a race track, but it's nice to know that it can handle crash avoidance maneuvers on the highway. This car is fun to drive and safer than the average sports car.

Me & My Max
By Papa1947

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just got back from a two week, 2500 mile vacation in my Maxima. What an absolute pleasure this car is. Loaded with all the "bells & whistles" and then some, she performed every task I threw at her. From Interstate driving to finding my way through small towns, the GPS was invaluable, the dual climate control very much appreciated, and the entertainment system was incredible. The power driver's seat allowed me to change up positions to help with driver fatigue, and the 300 hp engine provided all the power we needed for passing and high speed Interstate driving.

I think my favorite feature of my Max has to be the Xenon headlights. I am diabetic, and my nightsight isn't what it used to be, and these Xenon low beams were fantastic. I just wish the high beams were also Xenon.

The only negative was with the 'sport' seats. The seat bottoms were so firm that after several hours of driving, we developed "butt" fatigue. We eventually had to stop at a furniture store to buy thick padded seat cushions to alleviate this problem.

are you kidding me?
By p. morris

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is awesome. I have had this car for exactly one day. I don't need more to write this review. I know something about cars; have owned and driven mercedes, audi, bmw, infinity, and most of the rest. They do not touch this car. It is beautiful, inside and out (subjective of course). Feels like a tank but drives like (or better than) the 330 I traded up from for about 1/2 the price. All the bells and whistles. Looks and feels great. I don't even care if gas mileage is not great. Please don't buy this car. I want exclusivity on the roads.

looks and performance.

none

Worth the Money!
By Keith

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I traded in my 04 Maxima SL for an premium SV with Tech. The only two things I hated about my 04 was the turning radius and heated seats. The 09 has been greatly improved. I compared this vehicle to a VW CC and Acura TL. The features, looks, and price blew the other two away. Fantastic interior and a quiet ride. The voice activation works great. I never have to repeat myself. Took a while to figure out that I can't hop on the gas and expect to get great gas mileage. Average 22 around the city. Haven't taken it on a long trip yet, but hopeful it will meet the 26 mpg it boasts for highway mileage. I had no problems with my 04 after 115000 miles and I am hoping for the same with this

Nav, touch screen, ipod connectivity, glass roof, backup camera, seats (very comfortable), turn signals on side view mirrors, led tail lights, push button start

trunk tough to close, better gas mileage