Used 2009 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Maxima

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Loving it even more than I thought!
By FireFish

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

In a nutshell - if you're even looking at this car, you're probably looking for the same thing I was. I loved the look of the 2007 Infinity G35 coupe and swore I'd do anything to get it after test driving it. Aside from the compact factor, everything else I liked was tech related or cosmetic. I didn't get it b/c it was way over my budget at the time and once the new Maxima came out, it was literally love at first sight. My Maxine (you heard right) has Premium + Technology packages, ultimately containing everything that the G37 Coupe currently has in its interior aside from the 2-hand Infinity clock. Many reviews I read call the Maxima more of an Infinity than an Infinity itself. CAR IS FUN!

Shape & new bold / risky design. I love it! Premium Bose sound system gives it a luxury feel. Excellent Technology Package, including birds-eye view GPS, fully integrated control system, voice control, etc. On my particular car, my favorite is the colors. Super Black with Tan Leather interior. HOT!

Make price more affordable. I know its tough in this car, but most people wouldn't splurge like I did for a $40K Maxima. I do NOT regret it. Its that much fun, I swear! I'd actually take this over a Lexus any day. B/C, why settle for an entry level Lexus with all these features? Just Load yours up!

Great Car
By epr1066

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

It's a fabulous car. The exterior design is just magnificent and the addition of the double moonroof is unique. The interior design is simple but well executed, while the ride and handling is superb. I have no complaints (yet)- I love this car!

Interior/exterior design; drive & handling.

Nissan could look into improving fuel economy.

Good Car!
By Larry

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Overall the Maxima is a good car. I came out of a BMW 550 so it was a little getting use too. The payment doesn't hurt as much! The CVT is strange in the beginning but is unnoticeable now. The car is deceiving, with the CVT you get the feeling that you are not going as fast as you actually are. Very roomy. Decent highway fuel mileage.

Navigation, iPod interface, key fob

Hard seats, XM traffic on NAV is useless, brakes are weak.

maximun fun
By bbmax09

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The wife and I were looking for a car to replace a VW Passat. We needed something that we both were comfortable driving.... I needed more headroom and wanted sporty performance, she wanted a four door that performed plus wasn't too big in parking lots. We tried the new VW CC and Passat, but the Maxima had more for the money. As a retired state trooper I'm used to handling cars. I tried abrupt 180 degree steering wheel inputs on the Maxima and it handled them perfectly. I don't plan on taking the Maxima out on a race track, but it's nice to know that it can handle crash avoidance maneuvers on the highway. This car is fun to drive and safer than the average sports car.

Me & My Max
By Papa1947

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just got back from a two week, 2500 mile vacation in my Maxima. What an absolute pleasure this car is. Loaded with all the "bells & whistles" and then some, she performed every task I threw at her. From Interstate driving to finding my way through small towns, the GPS was invaluable, the dual climate control very much appreciated, and the entertainment system was incredible. The power driver's seat allowed me to change up positions to help with driver fatigue, and the 300 hp engine provided all the power we needed for passing and high speed Interstate driving.

I think my favorite feature of my Max has to be the Xenon headlights. I am diabetic, and my nightsight isn't what it used to be, and these Xenon low beams were fantastic. I just wish the high beams were also Xenon.

The only negative was with the 'sport' seats. The seat bottoms were so firm that after several hours of driving, we developed "butt" fatigue. We eventually had to stop at a furniture store to buy thick padded seat cushions to alleviate this problem.