Used 2009 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Maxima

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Welcome back Maxima, I missed you!
By J T

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My 3rd maxima, and by far the best. I am glad maxima is back with much more personality than last two generations. This car is almost a infiniti. I red most of the reviews here and I see some owners rated the fuel economy at 5 to 8. NONSENSE. I rated at 10 because this is a powerful V6 engine car and for what it does gas mileage is fantastic. If you want to complain and cry about gas mileage, please do not buy this car, go buy a boring hybrid and yawn while you drive around. I love everything about this car. Its hot.

Everything

Manual tranny like the Z and maybe rear wheel drive?????

Almost Perfect
By Blue Max

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is a great car!It is super fast, silky smooth,and a lot of fun to drive. It has a feeling of solid precision at 90 MPH.The handling is excellent.Some reviews have said you have to get used to the CVT.Not me,I got used to it on the test drive.This car has an endless supply of smooth power.Also the car looks gorgeous.I have been getting about 22 miles per gallon with fast driving.

The engine and transmission are an engineering masterpiece. The beautiful styling.

The front seats are too firm and not very comfortable.My previous car was an Acura TSX,and the seats were much more comfortable.

1 year Maxima Owner - Still Love It
By Go_Nissan_Max

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've owned a Premium+Tech Maxima for nearly 1 year now with 0 defects and 22 MPG avg. The ride and drive is a perfect blend of luxury and Performance - 0 to 60 mph in 6.3 secs, yet a nice comfortable ride on the highway. Very little road noise at highway speeds. I came very close to buying a Lexus GS350 but found the performance + cost superior in the Maxima. Same story with M35. I already owned a TL, so I didn't want to do that again;-) The Maxima also does a great job at the little stuff like a strong A/C system, large glove box, great iPOD integration, large map and cup holders, and easy to read owners manual. Finally, the bold exterior lines on this car are amazing!!

Premium Package is worth the extra money - dual sunroofs, air conditioned seat, rear seat controls, sunshade, etc.. I originally thought my Acura TL/ELS radio was better than the Maxima's Bose. Over the last 1 year, I now believe the Bose is BETTER than the ELS sound system! Love the 9Gb harddrive

Trunk lid is too hard to close. Improve instrument gauges (lack of cruise light engaged + fog light indicator). GPS Navigation Maps are several years out of date.

Excellent Value
By planebev

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Touarareg, Explorer, Cadillac owner. Retired Cadillac and got Maxima 3 days ago. Feel like I'm driving Bat-mobile. Acceleration is outstanding. Fun to drive. Practical for NE with FWD. Turns heads. LOVE this vehicle. SE package with leather interior is outstanding. Gadgets galore. Strong price, value ratio. Dealers willing to deal - providing price comparisons. Could not be happier! Outstanding value with high happiness index. You won't be disappointed -- strongly consider one!!!

acceleration style audio price

Trunk lid with power open and close.

This is what Maxima should be!!
By Farhad

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my 3rd maxima and the best. My first one was a 95 and loved it, second one was a 2000, disappointing. I walked away from maxima since lost its personality. After driving other nissans like, 350Z, murano and altima coupe now I'm back to maxima again and could not be happier. I love everything about this car...well just about everything, accept I wish it was rear wheel drive just like the infiniti G37. Maybe we'll get there in a few years.

Looks, sound, navi, premium leather seats, backup camera.

Rear wheel drive would be great.