Used 2007 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews - 143 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Maxima

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

The Best Maxima
By maximaday

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've had my Maxima since March 2010. I bought a 2007 Maxima SE 23,000 miles with the Leather and Sensor package. Slate is the best color for the Maxima I think. But I'd take a white 2012 in a heartbeat. I've sold Nissans since 2008 and I know their the best cars out there. And Nissan spends more money on the quality of the materials to last longer. The CVT makes it a bit slow off the line but I don't need a G35.

Heated seats, power options that adjust getting in and out. 3.5L engine with triptronic.

Faster off the line but with CVT thats hard.

decent
By atorreon

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

decent car....got one with all the toys. the oem tires suck in the winter and the car never got better than 17mpg.

options and car build were great though. lots of comfor and decent performance

best thing about this car are all the little comfort things like heated steering wheel

nissan has to be more realistic/honest with the mpg rating. i never got close and i dont have a heavy foot

Junk Crap POS
By acme1020

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought the Max new in Jan 07.
First dissapointment gas mpg.
Usually get 19.5 split city highway driving.
Never
been over 24mpg even on long highway trips going 65mph.
Struts were replaced at 15000 miles by warranty.
Tires were wore out at 30000.
Whole new sunroof put in at 35000.
Needed rear shocks at 50000.
Rear ABS sensor for $800 at 55000.
The car is currently in the shop for the other rear sensor, one front sensor, and actuator for a total of $2500.
The dealer called Nissan and got them to pay half of the last bill cause there was another one in there for the same thing.
They know this is a problem but will not recall.
This is my first and last Nissan.

The power, transmission, style, the overall look. The car is fun and comfortable.

Have a recall on the ABS sensors. Better gas mpg.

Just OK
By sgkoch

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my 2007 Maxima new and it now has 22K miles on it; I live very close to work. At 19K miles the AC compressor went and took out the whole system including the serpantine belt. We were stranded in the middle of nowhere 75 miles from home. Thankfully I had 9 days left on the 3/36 warranty so the AC was covered. However Nissan did not have the compressor in stock and it was on backorder for 2 months. What does that tell you...Must be alot of AC's going out. They did provide me with a rental car but it was still a pain not having my car. Other than that nightmare the car has been OK. It's fast, it handles fine for what it is and it's comfortable. The Bose system is great.

The 6cyl motor is bacically the same one Nissan has used for years;it's bullit proof. The brakes are the best Ive had on any car and I've owned a few...The Bose system is great to say the least and the car looks good ( to me anyway..)

The interior is a bit on the cheap side and I hate the amber interior lights. I have foam insulation coming out from under the trim on the dashboard. My 1998 Maxima was of higher quality overall.

A Nice Sedan
By czip

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The vehicle falls some where between a Carmy, and an Accord; you won't feel like you are floating, and you won't feel like you are in a truck. The transmission doesn't have a quick low gear; so no jack rabbit starts here. The V-6 is solid, and allows for competent passing. I am tall, but the driver's seat is comfortable. I drive 120 miles to/from work each day, and have had no problems. Read about the recalls, and complaints before you look at the vehicle; know what to look for. Turn to aftermarket products, if you question Nissan's quality control; ie. brakes and shocks/struts.

Leather interior. Layout of interior. Comfortable ride quality. No surprises or silly add ons.

,Better quality control for shocks/struts and brakes. I have read too many negative reviews about these parts. Don't cut corners to save money Nissan.