Used 2006 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews - 124 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Maxima

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Max THe BEAST!! The Best Car EVER
By Frederick Arthur P-K

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got this car from an auction. It drives well, Spacious and the features are comparable to that of an E-class. I bought this car because it was the right balance between a luxury and an everyday car. The car looks great especially with the 18" chrome with black leather interior on black ext. It would have been nice if they got rid of the handbrake, included an mp3 player with AUX, an automatic trunk shut system. Very noisy if music not on blast, suspension is a bit rough bt I love this car. And dnt regret one bit! If you are looking at buying this car, go all out, and get all options other than that get an ALTIMA..

Bluetooth, 269 HP speed, Design, Bose audio system, trunk and interior space, chrome wheels, Xenon lights, nice bucket seats,

Turning Raduis, Road noise, Stereo to include mp3 CD and AUX ports. automatic trunk shut, and slightly better gas mileage. Shutting down some cylinders when not in use, to save gas

Not bad, but not my favorite
By JacobPlano

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned many cars, M3, G35, and a CLK430, all of which were 2 door sport cars, but this time around I decided to go with something more logical for college. This car is a love hate relationship, I love that I can tote around 5 friends comfortably with a truck full of junk. But I hate the way it drives when I am alone, it's quick for its size, but tire spin, turning radius, and handling are lacking majorly. Also is lacking with the toys, all my last cars have little nooks and crannys with something cool, this car is plain jane. Though, it is a great car for a family, or if you need something for easy city driving. But for fun, it's not so great.

18" Rims, styling, interior space (i'm 6"6) and good Bose stereo.

RWD, Xenon lamps standard, handling, road noise, turning radius, cheaper tires.

Shake your boody
By hogwildlane

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

No turning radius at all, caused me some very sticky moments in u-turn type scenarios. Rear end eats tires for lunch >25000. Nissan said I was drifting based on tread wear. It does drift everytime you hit a bump. At 43 years old it has been quite some time since I spun out in the corners, memories of my '74 Nova in high school! Will not stay in alignment. Runs like a raped ape. Out run must on road but starts to shake at higher speeds. 6 speed manual/automatic is a blast but gas mileage suffers, < 20MPG in town. Interior quality very disappointing. 12 volt power port cover on console a joke compared to Altima set up. Very Noisy vehicle. Any one that rides on back has to yell to say anything

power, if you can control it before it shakes you to death

turn radius, interior quality, shake at high speeds and tire alignment

Great Used Car
By Cincy Runner

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this 2006 Maxima SL as a used car in 2009. It was a lease turn-in with only 11,000 miles on it and bought it from a dealer for only $19,800. After driving it for 2 months now, I'm really impressed with it and have nothing negative to say. I have not seen or experienced some of the problems that other reviewers are reporting, so maybe they just got lemons. I commute about 35 miles a day, both stop and go traffic and highways, and get a very satisfied 23.7 mpg. The drive is smooth and the engine is powerful, not to mention quiet. It's a fun car to drive! I love the interior, with the leather seats and sky view roof. This is my second Nissan and would buy again no problem.

Leather interior, sky view roof, heated seats and steering wheel, entry/exit assist, exterior styling, Homelink, auto-dimming mirrors, everthing!!

Turning radius stinks on the Maxima as well as on my previous Altima that I've owned. Also, the 6-disk CD player in the Maxima skips badly.

New Fan!
By TW

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought used w/ 22K and got great deal. Had to replace a brake cylinder within couple months. Love its unassuming quickness. Fun pulling away from kids in loud 4-bangers. Way more features than what I'm used to (had 4 basic VW Jettas). Nothing broke yet. turning radius is joke - my '99 Yukon turns much sharper. Like the sporty feel but is a little rough over bumps. lacks MP3 player access port. trunk is spacious enough for two. Next car might have to be the Z.

Quick, sound system, heated steering wheel & seats, memory seats, systems controls

I would hoped that they've addressed any issues in newer models, such as the turning radius and brakes