Used 2006 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews - 124 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Fun Car
By Di Wills

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my car. All it need is the Bluetooth audio feature and I'll be happier. I even take my car on road trips with no issues. I bought it with 86k miles in November 2016 and right now I'm at 110k in June 2017. This car does suck on making tight U-turns. That's my only issue with the car.

dont buy it
By andrew

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I read all the reviews here and I am in the same situation,, the wors car I've have it.. I bout mine with 74 mi. after 3 moths driving many issues appers, problem with the body valvu, shifts, slip, sensors, wow I got headed, with this car,, after fixed a problem.. weeks later comes another issues.... beautifull but the worst inside

Hard shifting transmission.
By GeoTech

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Hello Guys. For those who have the hard shift problems of your transmission. The fix is about $65. Find shifter kit on eBay. Watch YouTube video on how to fix the 3 selenoids and your car will be running again smoothly. Average time 3-4 hrs. Do take apart the valve assembly because it's only the selenoids. This is a problem from not changing the transmission fluids. You will need mechanical knowledge to do this fix. Hope this helps.

The Altima is better!!
By Charletta

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my car last year in November, a 2006 Maxima. With just a little over 100,000 miles on it.. And only 2days after I purchased it, the transmission started to slip. Cause a massive jerk when I put the car into drive. I have taken to several dealerships and shops to have it tested and everyone keeps telling me that there's absolutely nothing wrong with my car. It had an "as is" sign in it so they would not take it back. It has been nothing but a headache since I bought the car. And it still jerks very hard. My Altima is a much better car in my opinion. And much more reliable.. So, I'm stuck with a 10,000 dollar car that runs like crap!!

First time car buyer SORRY I DID IT!
By Mona Diallo

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've read the reviews here and my car is no different. I just bought my car three days ago with 80,000 on it I test drove the car it drove beautifully but before I could get I noticed the trans slipping. I took it back to dealer just to find out that indeed it has a transmission problem....now what do I do?